“Great food!!”
Review of BLACKSMITH ITALIAN

BLACKSMITH ITALIAN
Reserve with OpenTable
BLACKSMITH ITALIAN is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 235 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
LaGrangeville, New York
“Great food!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My daughter and I went here on a Wednesday night and got a fantastic meal. We had the rice balls for an appetizer and it rivaled my favorite deli in NYC. I ordered the salmon with pesto and artichokes which was amazing! The salmon was cooked to perfection, not overcooked and dry. My daughter had the gnocchi which was light and fluffy and definitely homemade! We each had a different glass of wine with our meals and the price was extremely reasonable as well as generous portions.

The tiramisu for dessert was one of the best I have ever had. Light and creamy and a beautiful presentation! Thanks for a great meal, will be sure to come back again the next time I am in Montana!

• Visited July 2014

Bozeman, Montana
“Food good, atmosphere...not so much.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

For the price, I'd to to Blackbird Kitchen. The grilled caesar was amazing. It feels like you are dining in a strip mall.

Visited May 2014
“not impressed”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our first trip to this restaurant was for a special occasion, and the hope that it would become a favorite--it didn't. On the plus side, the service was impeccable. Downside: The noise level was at times so loud we couldn't hear our server--the restaurant can't be blamed for the acoustics, but the noise was very distracting--every sound carried. We had the gnocchi and oriechette with sausage, and both were ok, but nothing to get excited about. However, I thought the grilled caesar salad was awesome; husband not as thrilled with it. We got to-go boxes so we could have dessert--budino (I think it was butterscotch, but never tasted any butterscotch) sounded good; it wasn't. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything except tasteless, even though all the ingredients on the menu made it sound wonderful. My husband ordered something with lemon in the title, but we never did find lemon. The coffee was good. Well, we tried it and we won't go back; however, for others it might be great--just not our taste. Any review is subjective, and although this was not a horrible dinner, it just wasn't as good as we hoped for and we were really disappointed, considering all the press it's been getting. For truly good Italian, our favorite place is Fresco--give them both a try.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank durrae j
Bozeman, Montana
“Best Italian food in Bozeman”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have dined At Blacksmith about 10 times!!! Both for lunch and dinner. My favorite dish is the orrechetti rustica. Everything is fresh and they use quality ingredients. The ownership makes you feel welcome and honestly no other Italian restaurant in Bozeman is close to this this place! In fact my wife who is of Italian heritage had them cater our Christmas Eve dinner! The service is excellent and I can't really find any negatives.

• Visited June 2014
Bozeman, Montana
“Imaginative and Excellent Food”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We visited Blacksmith Italian last week on a Friday evening. We were greeted right away and shown to our table by a pleasant and welcoming hostess. The menu length was just about right-one page-with plenty to choose from but not too many as to be overwhelming. The two of us shared a starter of calamari puttanesca which was excellent. The calamari were very lightly breaded and cooked perfectly so they were very tender. They were served over a slightly spicy red sauce that complemented the light taste of the seafood. Our second course was the anchovy salad. The greens were fresh and lightly coated with a tasty vinaigrette. The white anchovies, placed on the top, were of high quality, but we did decide that they still don't like anchovies much. My manicotti was unusual but delicious. The filling was put into thin crepes, along with the interesting addition of braised kale. The tomato sauce covering the dish was good. My husband's Tuscan steak was a good cut but just a bit over-cooked. Also, his accompanying potato wedges were not quite done. We did mention the potatoes to our wait staff and were given a comp dessert in response. On the whole, it was a very pleasant dinner. The service was good and our bottle of wine was excellent. The place itself is very noisy, however, and it would be difficult to try to converse with a table of friends. I would suggest they consider adding some acoustical modifiers, such as tapestries on the walls.

• Visited March 2014