“Basic”
Review of Royal 7 Budget Inn

Royal 7 Budget Inn
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We didn't expect much for the price, but a bathroom that didn't smell of urine would have been nice. Liked the hardwood floors & the assigned HUGE parking spot. Breakfast was dismal. It's not worth saving the extra $10 or $20 that you'd spend somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife consumed quite a lot of perfume trying to make the room as this motel smell habitable. It had quite a stench when we arrived. In fact another couple were complaining about the same thing and asking for their money back at the front desk when I checked in.

Besides the above, the room was fine. Get what you pay for and it was clean and tidy.

The location is not bad. Approx a km from down town.

Bozeman is quite a nice town, with a good selection of bars, restaurants and other stores down town. I wish we stayed longer than one night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Royal310, Manager at Royal 7 Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your review, but I was sorry to hear of an odor problem. Upon further review we determined that a new cleaning agent was the culprit, and we have since stopped using it.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Lynn Bendz
Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I traveled there for fun and at the start it was great, okay room, big place to put suitcases but the fan in the bathroom didn't work and the tv also didn't connect, then we couldn't connect to the internet. For several times the card to our room worked but then it didn't work, so we couldn't go in to our room. For breakfast there wasn't anything to eat, all I ate for breakfast that day or should I say drink was just juice, the staff there had terrible attitude, I would never stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for our last night of our Yellowstone experience before flying back to California. Arriving around 9 p.m. we noticed that the parking lot was full with cars, always a good sign for other travelers and that we didn't choose a dump. The lady at the front desk was very nice, gave me some maps and made sure that we're good. Our room was the second from the right of the reception and it was pretty large spaced. Definitely outdated, but for a one night stay it was all we needed. The bathroom was clean and the bed was fine. Our room had a portable Air conditioning that was kind of noisy, but the temperature outside wasn't that bad at night and we didn't need it. Breakfast was very simple (hard boiled egg, jams, bagels, yogurt and drinks). But again it was fine and I wouldn't expect more. We had a great morning stroll in downtown Bozeman before we had to leave for the airport and this was a great ending to wonderful Yellowstone time!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Price of this motel is the best thing about it. The check in staff were really nice but the morning staff not so much. Room was clean but unfortunately the two nights we stayed there our neighbors stayed up till 3 am watching tv pretty loud. The walls are very thin and they have huge tvs which are right on the other side of the wall from your bed. Breakfast is from 6:30 to 9 am but when we got there at 7:15 all of the food was gone but for instant oatmeal. When one of the other guests asked for more food to be put out they were told there was no more of anything. So if you want a clean place to stay for a night this will work for you but be prepared to go out for breakfast.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here after a wonderful night at the Sharon Motel, which was a hard act to follow. I liked the price, the size of the room, comfy bed, and reasonably clean. Also, the front desk offers maps to restaurants and stores like Target, Walmart, etc. We went to Safeway and Starbuck's a few blocks away and were able to use the microwave and fridge for dinner fixing. In the morning we arrived for breakfast 30 minutes before it was over and there was nothing left. The person at the desk in the morning was much less professional than the one who checked us in during the evening. She wasn't paying attention to the breakfast fixings and when I called the desk earlier, she didn't answer the phone. I saw her not answering the phone again because she was chatting with a friend outside.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stopped over one night enroute to Yellowstone Nat'l Park. The room was large, simple, with good amenities including fridge, coffeemaker and microwave. The breakfast room had nice features also including little plate and silverware that I could use for the dinner I brought with me and warmed in the microwave. Just wished it opened earlier in the morning. I'd make a point to stay here again when traveling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo