“Aesthetically looks great. Cleanliness is not a strong point here.”

Residence Inn Bozeman
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel primarily based on tripadvisor reviews. To say I was disappointed was an understatement.
Upon my late arrival, the doors were locked (excellent security feature). The front desk agent came out unlocked the doors and let me in. She was courteous and professional and expedited my check-in. I went up to my room and was initially impressed. I crashed on my bed and really didn’t take a look around until the next day.
That’s when I noticed the lack of cleaning in the room. There was dust in places I couldn’t imagine, there were stained comforters, and light bulbs out in my room. I know Residence Inns are for longer term stays but the lack of cleaning is disturbing. I had called down in the morning to inform the front desk and they said they would take care of it. I come back and the dust is still everywhere. I dated the dust to see if they would actually clean it when I came back. They gave me the dingiest washcloth I’ve ever seen in a hotel, and left the same stained comforter on my bed. The washcloth was dirty looking, I wouldn't give it to a visitor in my house.
The Breakfast was actually good and tasty. Everything was hot and there was an ample selection. Unfortunately, a good breakfast cannot make up for the lack of cleanliness in the rooms. I will not be back, and if you are sensitive to dust/allergies, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldTraverler73
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. Although you found our breakfast and interaction with our team to be positive, I can understand how the cleanliness issues resulted in an overall below expectation experience. I truly apologize for the challenges you experienced. Please know this is not what we expect our guests to encounter when they stay with us. Be assured we have strict cleaning process and procedures in place; however, with your feedback it is clear we have training to revisit with some team members. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly to further discuss your experience and for me to invite you back to our property. I am positive you will have a better experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to visiting with you. Heather – General Manager 406-522-1535

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Family of five staying for trip to Yellowstone which unfortunately never happened due to government shutdown. Excellent amenities including coin operated laundry and kitchen facilities. Complimentary breakfast was very adequate. Short drive to downtown which is very cute with some great shopping and a fabulous music shop. There is a gorgeous view of the mountains from this hotel but unfortunately we were given a ground floor room with no windows with a view of the mountains even though the hotel did not appear very busy. The beds were also a little uncomfortable but bearable. Even though we could not get into Yellowstone we drove down to the western entrance which was a lovely drive and it snowed so the kids got to play with snowballs. We went to the bear and wolf discovery center even though it was a high of 1 degree Celsius for the day. This is a gorgeous town with glorious scenery and we will be returning to this area at some stage down the track but probably not the hotel due to the bed comfort factor, but this may have just been the room we had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains which are glorious.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our beautiful town. Bozeman and its surrounding areas offer so many activities for everyone. I am sorry you were not able to see Yellowstone Park during your visit. However, this gives you a reason to come back and see us!! Please contact me when you do come back and I will ensure you have a room with a bed that meets your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we do appreciate it. Heather – General Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay. Friendly staff. As far as hotel breakfast goes, this place has nice quality selections that actually taste decent. Only complaint is the workout room is below average. It only has two treadmills which are showing their age. Rooms are nice and still look new.

Stayed: November 2013
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay. I love you had a chance to interact with our wonderful team and enjoyed our complimentary, full, hot breakfast buffet. Thank you for your comments on our fitness center. Using the fitness center is an important part of our guests’ routines, so it is important to know if it isn’t exactly what you are expecting. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we truly appreciate it. We will see you the next time you are in beautiful Bozeman. Heather Holt – General Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed with points while in town for a wedding.
This Residence Inn is fairly new, and represents the chain well. Room was updated and was clean. Compared to the Days Inn down the road, it was much nicer.
Had the typical free breakfast - cereals, some hot selections, yogurt, etc.
Very handy location just off the main freeway, and easy access to downtown. Staff was friendly.
Would rank as average Res Inn, but based on comparison with Days Inn (not fair, I know), I'm giving it a very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am delighted to see we were able to offer you everything you needed for your stay and all your expectations of a Residence Inn were met. September is a beautiful time of year to be in Montana. We hope that 2014 brings you to our area again. Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate it. Heather – General Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel is right off of the interstate and close to shopping and a few chain restaurants. Rooms are large and well-maintained. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They provide a small supper (one item) and breakfast (cereals, breakfast sandwiches, waffles, eggs and meat.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I am most delighted to see your comments and score on our service. I feel that is what makes our guests’ stays so enjoyable. We hope to see you in 2014. Thank you for staying with us, we do truly appreciate it. Heather – General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Typical Residence Inn (maybe a little older). Large rooms. Breakfast sufficient.
Arrived late; left early. Thus review limited.
Easy off/on I-90. Traveling in 17' u-haul. Parking was sufficient. Felt safe and secure.
Johnny Carino's (Italian chain) basically across street. Great dinner after long drive.

Room: Okay (large)
Value: Fair
Clean: Okay (quick sleep only)
Breakfast: Okay (no time; quick grab)
Staff: Few encountered were extremely nice
Parking: Good (even with large vehicle)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had my travel plans change so needed a hotel in Bozeman before catching an early flight the next morning. This hotel is very close to the airport, and is wonderful. I loved my room and without a doubt would plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business