“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Alabama
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed, as a Platinum Marriott elite member on several occasions in Residence Inns - three months when I moved to the Staes and more recently for 30 days in the new residence inn in Edinburgh when on a research trip to Scotland in Nov-Dec of 2013. This hotel ranks second to Edinburgh. It is nicely located with great view of Montana landscape and the suite I had was very spacious. Nice breakfast and the manager's reception of tacos, and salad meant that i didn't need to eat out. Highly recommended. The only down point was the train waking us around 3 o'clock in the morning but you would get that noise in any hotel in the area.

Room Tip: High with view of mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am delighted to see someone like you who travels so much and is loyal to our brand found your stay wonderful. This time of year the mountains are so beautiful, still with a bit of snow on their peaks. I am jealous of your time in Scotland. I used to live there and loved it. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate it. Heather H. – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I encountered a mixed bag of issues at this hotel:

Good: Check in was pleasant and efficient. There was a manager’s reception happening when we arrived so we took advantage of it. The reception was limited but I enjoyed what they had: two soups and salad. The beverages were unsweet tea and lemonade. There was no dessert or bread. The attendant was very pleasant. This is a typical newer style RI. I didn’t use it but they have a beautiful pool area and the lobby is attractive. We always go for the studio type room because it feels more roomy and our room was did not disappoint. They even had a fun colored shower curtain which was unusual. We slept fine in the bed and had no complaints. There is a Costco right across the street within easy walking distance.

Not so Good: I noticed a very odd smell in all the hallways; thankfully that smell wasn’t in the room. I did not enjoy the very low vanity/sink counter - it was the old fashioned height (odd for a newer hotel) that is just so awkward to work with. The internet was very slow, probably in the bottom 10% of hotels I have encountered lately and I become really frustrated waiting for pages to draw - it felt as slow as dial-up. I was disappointed that there were no feather pillows available - feather pillows are a Marriott standard so I was surprised that they didn’t have any.

The breakfast:
Not So Good: Things were very busy and the two attendants were challenged to keep up. The tray of scrambled eggs (probably from a bag) was empty about the same amount of time that it had eggs in it. The sausage was extremely over cooked - they were so dry and hard that they were difficult to chew. There was no bread for so long I never bothered when it finally showed up. There was no skim milk available as the milk they had was past its use buy date. Apparently whoever was in charge of ordering saw there was skim milk, didn’t check the dates and didn’t order any. Seating was very limited for the big crowd and people were aggressively finding places to sit.

Good: They had some nice yogurt parfaits and the coffee was tasty (not too weak).

Since the breakfast was the last thing I encountered at this hotel, it left a bad impression and I could not rate this hotel above average because of it. They really need to get a handle on breakfast as the experience was not good for anyone when I was there.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AGoingGal
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It is with this detailed feedback we can see where necessary training and improvements need to occur. Please know your feedback is reviewed with department heads and immediate and corrective action is taken. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay. I am pleased to see your interaction with our team was positive and you enjoyed our property as a whole. We will be undergoing an extensive internet upgrade within the next six weeks, so if you choose to stay with us again you should see a significant difference in our internet service. We are up-to standard on all of our in-suite amenities, so I apologize additional feather pillows above what is already in your suite, were not offered to you. It appears the breakfast was your largest disappointment, and from what you describe, I can understand how frustrated you must have been. Please know your experience at breakfast is not our standard. I do hope if you travel through Bozeman again, you will give us the opportunity to provide you a stay you expect. If you wish to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. I would love to personally invite you back to stay with us. Again, thank you for staying with us and providing good, constructive feedback. Heather H. – General Manager
South Dakota
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The room was clean and the hotel was quiet at night. The pool area is small, but not a huge deal for us as our children are not old enough to enjoy it too much yet. Checkout process was very simple and fast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Iit sounds like you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us again as we will be “refreshing” the hotel in a few months, to include the pool area. Thank you for staying with us! Heather H- General Manager
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We traveled to Bozeman for a college visit in our RV hoping to stay in 1 of the 2 RV parks. 1 of the parks was closed and the other was full so we needed a place to stay for the next 2 nights. We arrived here late not knowing anything about the hotel but to only be pleasantly surprised by the affordability and kindness. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, got the 2 bedroom suite on the 4th floor with a great view of the mountains. Rooms, bathrooms and kitchen were clean and neat. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am delighted to see our suites were exactly what you needed. Our two bedroom/two bath suites are the perfect choice for a family! I hope you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful college – MSU - and we look forward to your next visit! Is someone in your family going to be a proud BOBCAT? GO CATS! Heather – General Manager.
New York, NY
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great staff!

A nice property but needs attention. The sheets and towels not only are a bit "rough" but on two stays I woke up with the bottom bed sheet "worked" off the mattress during the night.

The evening appetizer (with the exception of BBQ night) is very sad looking. This property is my least favorite of the dozen or so Residence Inn's I stay at nationwide. TV selection seems a bit scaled down. Corners in the hotel seem very cut.

If you need Marriott nights as an Elite member or on an extended stay, it's not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Inside rooms have zero views. Ask for an outside room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you taking to time to share your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your interaction with our team and liked your suite; however, I apologize you experienced several other challenges during your stay. We would never want our guests to feel we cut corners as that is not how we operate our business. Your comments have been shared with our team and immediate corrective action has been taken. Your feedback allows us to conduct the necessary training to ensure our guests' do have an exceptional experience every time they stay with us. It would be helpful to know more about your stay. If you would like to share more about your experience, I would greatly appreciate a call so I can ask more questions to ensure another guest doesn’t have a similar experience. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I apologize your stay was less than what you expected. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to gain your trust. Heather Holt – General Manager 406-522-1535
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

i have stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn a few times and for lengthy extended stays...each time I have been 'wowed' with not only the cleanliness of the hotel ( immaculate) but the exceptional friendly & personal service ~ from every single staff member bar none. I am greeted by name each day, very special-over-the top requests have been granted immediately and with a smile, and just simply have been made to feel like a truly 'welcomed' guest.
This hotel is pet-friendly, and that too is an understatement! But for all non- pet -owners out there, please do not turn away for that reason...had i not had a pet, i would never have known pets stay here...there is not a trace smell or sound that should deter non-pet travelers.
There are numerous places to stay in Bozeman, but I will stay here every time I return.
I do not think anyone would be disappointed with the same decision.
Stayng here is simply a pleasure!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your stay with us. I truly appreciate it. I am so very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and you continue to stay with us when you are in town. We understand how important guest service is and it is our goal to ensure you feel comfortable and taken care of when you stay with us. As you know, we do cater to extended stay guests’, and to see you were able to have all you needed lets me know we are meeting the needs of our guests’! And we always love to welcome our “furry” guest’s. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay. Heather – General Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have stayed at this property on several occasions. We were very impressed with the quality, friendliness and service of the entire staff! From the minute we walked in the door until the time we left in the shuttle for the airport, we felt comfortable. We did not get a chance to try the breakfast as we had a 6:00 AM flight. The amenities were great. The staff made the whole experience wonderful.

Room Tip: They were all nice, and still felt new.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I deeply appreciate the time you took to comment on your stay with us. Thank you. We value your loyalty to our hotel and are thrilled you came back to stay with us again. More importantly, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and continue to have positive experiences with us. If you find yourself on an early flight again next time, simply let the front desk know and we can prepare a “breakfast on the go” so you can take it with you. Hopefully we will see you again this year. Thank you, we truly appreciate your business. Heather – General Manager