“Don't bother with this marriott residence inn there are better places to stay.”

Residence Inn Bozeman
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Billings
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family booked this motel and spent a day sightseeing in the area. We went to check in and the clerk put us in a handicap room with a toddler child. We had not requested a handicap room when the reservation was made. The clerk was informed that this room would not work. The clerk acted as if she could care less and stated no other rooms were available and recommended some other motels. The other neighboring motel was full so I returned and spoke to a manager. They then put us in a neighboring room. The room was dirty and had no linens for the fold out bed. The bathroom had used sheets hanging on the door from prior guests. The main reason we wanted to stay here was to use the pool. The indoor pool was frigid and I was concerned my young child was going to get hypothermia as the poor kid was shivering and we could not tolerate the poor conditions. We had stayed here a while back and had good results. After this last stay we would recommend you stay elsewhere

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bigsk2014
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I deeply apologize for the experience you had. I understand how frustrated you must be, as this is not what you expected from a Marriott Hotel. This is not what I expect from our hotel either. Please know we have strict cleanliness procedures in place and your feedback allows me to see where immediate action needs to be taken, and please be assured it has. I do remember speaking to you when you returned to our hotel. I will be contacting you personally to apologize. Again, I apologize for the experience and hope you give us the opportunity in the future to correct the situation and restore your confidence in our hotel. Heather H. – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This Residence Inn was not up to the standards I expect from Marriott. The room was tired, the beds were difficult and we had trouble keeping the fitted sheets on the bed with two people sleeping. We went from Bozeman to Billings Residence Inn, and when we walked into the room in Billings it seemed like a sparkling gem compared to the Bozeman room. Billings had laundry baskets in the closet, larger trash cans to accompany the full kitchen, and was much more elegantly appointed. Also, please be advised that if you are traveling with a pet, you'll be in good company. At least half of the guests that we observed traveled with very large dogs, often 2-3 per family, so they are everywhere in the property, at breakfast, behind the front desk, in the elevators. Our room's carpet was covered in white dog hair, despite a promise that they steam clean all rooms with pets. We love animals, but this property seemed a bit more like a kennel than a hotel to us. The location was nice, however, and the staff friendly. I would book next time at in the same area, but not at this property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Betsy M
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I understand and appreciate your feedback regarding the pet friendly environment we nurture at all Residence Inn’s. I know you voiced your concerns both with management regarding this environment during your stay and with Marriott Customer Care. With all Residence Inn’s being extended stay properties, we must cater to all family members; thus, welcoming pets. We do have strict cleaning standards in-place to ensure we offer clean and sanitized suites. I am sorry you did not find this in your particular suite. Your feedback allows us to revisit the process and ensure all of our team is trained properly. This was addressed immediately when you first brought it to our attention. I am happy to see you enjoyed your interaction with our team. We do have an outstanding team. Although you said you would not stay with us again, I would like you to reconsider. We will be undergoing a “refresh” at the end of the year and I am positive you will be pleased with the updates we are making. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay any further. Thank you for staying with us. Heather H. – General Manager
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

After having spent the previous three nights in a little more "rustic" accommodations in West Yellowstone and in Yellowstone National Park, the Residence Inn in Bozeman felt "glamorous", by comparison. The layout of the hotel and placement of the two elevators was a bit confusing, especially when I had to go back-and-forth to the laundry room constantly. I thought the staff was very helpful, especially since I kept bugging them about needing more linens and making change for the laundry. (However, their coin laundry is EXPENSIVE--$1.50 per load per washer or dryer, and the dryer only runs 30 minutes for $1.50. I stayed in a Towneplace Suites in Dayton, Ohio, earlier this year which didn't charge anything for use of the washer or dryer--just the cost of the detergent). The staff was also accommodating when I was peppering them with questions about local attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was able to assist you with information about the local area. I hope you had a great time in Yellowstone. You planned your visit at the perfect time, before the peak of the tourist season. Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate it. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Bozeman. Heather H – General Manager.
Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family used the Residence Inn as a central place for our travels. We stayed three nights there and made day trips into Yellowstone and surrounding areas. (Only a hour to North Entrance) The staff were all very friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. We loved Bozeman with its beautiful landscape and all of the convenient shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: When traveling with three older kids we like the two bedroom/two bath suites with a sofa bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am so very happy to see your family enjoyed your stay. Our two bedroom/two bath suites are perfect when traveling as a family. I am glad you visited Yellowstone before the peak tourist season hit! Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate it. Enjoy your summer. Heather H – General Manager
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed, as a Platinum Marriott elite member on several occasions in Residence Inns - three months when I moved to the Staes and more recently for 30 days in the new residence inn in Edinburgh when on a research trip to Scotland in Nov-Dec of 2013. This hotel ranks second to Edinburgh. It is nicely located with great view of Montana landscape and the suite I had was very spacious. Nice breakfast and the manager's reception of tacos, and salad meant that i didn't need to eat out. Highly recommended. The only down point was the train waking us around 3 o'clock in the morning but you would get that noise in any hotel in the area.

Room Tip: High with view of mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am delighted to see someone like you who travels so much and is loyal to our brand found your stay wonderful. This time of year the mountains are so beautiful, still with a bit of snow on their peaks. I am jealous of your time in Scotland. I used to live there and loved it. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate it. Heather H. – General Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I encountered a mixed bag of issues at this hotel:

Good: Check in was pleasant and efficient. There was a manager’s reception happening when we arrived so we took advantage of it. The reception was limited but I enjoyed what they had: two soups and salad. The beverages were unsweet tea and lemonade. There was no dessert or bread. The attendant was very pleasant. This is a typical newer style RI. I didn’t use it but they have a beautiful pool area and the lobby is attractive. We always go for the studio type room because it feels more roomy and our room was did not disappoint. They even had a fun colored shower curtain which was unusual. We slept fine in the bed and had no complaints. There is a Costco right across the street within easy walking distance.

Not so Good: I noticed a very odd smell in all the hallways; thankfully that smell wasn’t in the room. I did not enjoy the very low vanity/sink counter - it was the old fashioned height (odd for a newer hotel) that is just so awkward to work with. The internet was very slow, probably in the bottom 10% of hotels I have encountered lately and I become really frustrated waiting for pages to draw - it felt as slow as dial-up. I was disappointed that there were no feather pillows available - feather pillows are a Marriott standard so I was surprised that they didn’t have any.

The breakfast:
Not So Good: Things were very busy and the two attendants were challenged to keep up. The tray of scrambled eggs (probably from a bag) was empty about the same amount of time that it had eggs in it. The sausage was extremely over cooked - they were so dry and hard that they were difficult to chew. There was no bread for so long I never bothered when it finally showed up. There was no skim milk available as the milk they had was past its use buy date. Apparently whoever was in charge of ordering saw there was skim milk, didn’t check the dates and didn’t order any. Seating was very limited for the big crowd and people were aggressively finding places to sit.

Good: They had some nice yogurt parfaits and the coffee was tasty (not too weak).

Since the breakfast was the last thing I encountered at this hotel, it left a bad impression and I could not rate this hotel above average because of it. They really need to get a handle on breakfast as the experience was not good for anyone when I was there.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AGoingGal
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It is with this detailed feedback we can see where necessary training and improvements need to occur. Please know your feedback is reviewed with department heads and immediate and corrective action is taken. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay. I am pleased to see your interaction with our team was positive and you enjoyed our property as a whole. We will be undergoing an extensive internet upgrade within the next six weeks, so if you choose to stay with us again you should see a significant difference in our internet service. We are up-to standard on all of our in-suite amenities, so I apologize additional feather pillows above what is already in your suite, were not offered to you. It appears the breakfast was your largest disappointment, and from what you describe, I can understand how frustrated you must have been. Please know your experience at breakfast is not our standard. I do hope if you travel through Bozeman again, you will give us the opportunity to provide you a stay you expect. If you wish to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. I would love to personally invite you back to stay with us. Again, thank you for staying with us and providing good, constructive feedback. Heather H. – General Manager
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The room was clean and the hotel was quiet at night. The pool area is small, but not a huge deal for us as our children are not old enough to enjoy it too much yet. Checkout process was very simple and fast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Heather H, General Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Iit sounds like you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us again as we will be “refreshing” the hotel in a few months, to include the pool area. Thank you for staying with us! Heather H- General Manager