“Unacceptable treatment”

Best Western Plus GranTree Inn
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at best westerns throughout the continental United States and Europe but never have I experienced such terrible treatment! I stayed here a week ago and when I left booked another room for the following week - using points that I had accumulated with all my best western stays! I drove 4.5 hours to find that they gave my room away! At 9 o'clock at night this was an extreme inconvenience - particularly considering majority of decent hotels were sold out! I know it is a busy time of year but this treatment is unacceptable! They do not have such a wonderful franchise that they can afford to treat their good customers this way! The hotel is dated and there are much newer ones currently in Bozeman and I'm sure new ones planned! I will be seeking those out on my next trip through Bozeman!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Virginiagk
GranTree, Manager at Best Western Plus GranTree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

First off I would like to apologize for what happened with your reservation. I was unaware that this had happened and would really like to get in contact with you to get some more information so we can get to the bottom of this. Again, I am so sorry. You can contact me at 406-587-5261. I hope to hear from you soon.

Heather Bolin
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is great. Staff members are friendly and attentive. The restaraunt is excellent. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Bozeman area

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Traveling through Montana to Yellowstone we got a room at the Gran Tree Inn. The hotel is expensive but it was worth it. It is a very nice hotel and the upper end of Best Westerns I have stayed in. The rooms are standard but appear updated. They have nice linens and very comfortable pillows. The hotel has an indoor pool and outdoor patio courtyard. We let the kids swim until they closed the pool at ten pm. There is an attached restaurant called the Club Tavern and Grill. We had breakfast. Our waiter Garret was phenomenal. We loved the breakfast. I had the burrito. The Gran Tree appears to be a busy hotel and they had a conference going on while we were there. Our stay was great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed two nights and enjoyed the indoor pool. Our room overlooked the indoor courtyard. The rooms were nice and the room was a fair size. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The beds were comfortable and the fridge and microwave were nice. We stayed here to visit Yellowstone because everything nearby was booked or very expensive. I would not recommend staying here, as it was an hour and a half just to the entrance. It seems all the hotels are priced a little high in the area, compared with other areas of the country. Especially since breakfast was not included, I felt the price was a little too high. The location was very good, though, with plenty of restaurants and basic shopping, nearby. I would stay here again if I had a need to be in Bozeman, but I really wish they served complimentary breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aubry D
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family has stayed in the Bozeman GranTree nearly every year we've passed through Bozeman. The staff is always pleasant, and the rooms have been recently updated. With a great restaurant attached, we'll be back to the GranTree again!

Room Tip: The King Suite with a dividing wall is quite possibly the best room for a small family.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Came for business and found this convenient, comfortable and most enjoyable stay!. Room was comfortable, clean and well equipped to met all my needs. Internet was super fast, room service was quick and everyone there was very helpful in providing great places to explore during our visit. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Our son is attending college at MSU- this is our place to stay when we visit. The service has always been impeccable and the restaurant (yes you have to pay for your food) has excellent quality and service as well.

• Stayed: June 2014