I had a great check in experience and she was helpful and welcoming and brought me tea when I asked for it. However she didn't tell me there were specific breakfast times. I thought this was a restaurant open for all meals and wish someone would have let me know. Also, I had asked about room types and was only told the cabins offered more privacy. Well, she put me in room 101 right off the lobby and I heard every word anyone said, every chair moved every cough, etc. There must be no insulation between the first and second floors as I heard every foot step, word and things I did not want to hear the entire time I was there. It sounded like they were moving furniture it was so loud up there. The next am was even worse. The acoustics just carry and it's very loud. Not relaxing at all. I would have switched rooms but it was 9pm when I checked in and I was exhausted. I drove from Kalispell with meetings all along the way in every town and was in no mood to be woken up at 6am the next am. The shades offer zero shade and every person in the lobby who made any noise I heard every thing. I heard the phone call of the guy in the room upstairs that am. Every word. Which was disappointing as I had phone calls to make but chose not to as there was obviously no privacy.
Be forewarned too: this is down a gravel unpaved road into the middle of a field. For Bozeman, to only have a view of a field is disappointing. There is no mountain view or much of a view beyond a big field in the middle of no where. I saw a huge spider in my room and went to kill it but it disappeared. I guess being in a huge field in the middle of no where this is standard fare but should be fore warned just the same.
About 10:50am Cindy came banging on my door stating Housekeeping very loudly (clearly not dressed like a housekeeper) and was quite rude demanding if I was sleeping? Um no clearly I'm not. If they want to know when I'm checking out there are much less rude, annoying ways of going about this. Also when I asked about breakfast she was quick to say it's over but offered a to go of yogurt which I'm lactose intolerant so not an option for me.
I come from Colorado and travel weekly throughout the western US. This was possibly the worst nights sleep I've had in a year or more. If you want to stay here I highly recommend avoiding room 101 and suggest letting anyone know the serious lack of privacy, noise, and light exposure involved in this room. I had to be up early every other day this week except this one day where I planned to sleep in a little. Definitely did not happen and ruined my whole day planned in Bozeman. I was sleep deprived and had low blood sugar upon leaving. I was so happy to get out of the middle of no where place and cannot imagine what they were thinking locating this place and building it with no sound proofing. No one wants to hear their neighbors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small luxury boutique hotel located just west of Bozeman, Montana offering Jacuzzi Suites and superb dining in a quiet secluded setting. Our restaurant "Gallatin River Grill" offers a top shelf bar, Award winning wine list and creative American cuisine. Small conference, wedding services and dinner parties are also a specialty. Many guests enjoy Yellowstone National Park while staying with us. A full service fly fishing guide and instruction program is offered seasonally. We offer free airport transportation to Bozeman's International airport, just ten minutes away. Our "Trout Lodge" with additional lodging rooms offers contemporary cutting edge design and service features. Traveler's Choice Award in 2013 as one of the top 25 small hotels in the world from TripAdvisor! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Gallatin River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallatin River Hotel Bozeman
- Gallatin River Lodge Bozeman, Montana