Bozeman's Lehrkind Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 Bozeman B&B and Inns
“superb!”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The Lehrkind Mansion is a beautiful old (end of the 19th century) house, furnished and decorated with an exceptionally good taste. If you're headed to Yellowstone, Chris (one of the owners) has been a ranger there for 3 years and his advices will spare you a first stop at the visitor center. Breakfast is as good as it can be. I enjoyed every minute of my stay at this wonderful B&B.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annina_q

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Billings, MY
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife and I, and another couple, spent a night at Lehrkind Mansion and were overwhelmed by the gracious hospitality offered by the owners. We were in Bozeman for a gathering sponsored by the Friends of the MSU Library; everyone who asked us where we were staying was impressed, and if you can impress the locals, you can impress the out-of-town visitors.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We have stayed in years past at the Lehrkind and have always had great experiences. This time was no different. We needed a weekend getaway and stayed a long weekend. As usual, the recommendations on where to go and what to eat were stellar. The breakfasts were superb. Of course the accommodations and the proximity to everything in the Gallatin Valley were excellent.

The best thing about staying at Lehrkind Mansion is how much you feel at home. It is comfortable and the hosts are very welcoming. It makes a very good "headquarters" for seeing the attractions around the area, including Yellowstone Park. You also feel you are getting away from the outside world into a much more pleasant place.

I have stayed in many Bed and Breakfasts before so I am fairly accustomed to them,but this is among the top for a couple of reasons. If you are fairly new at staying in a Bed and Breakfast, tell them and they will make it more comfortable for you being new to it. For more experienced B&B travelers, you will recognize the professionalism of how the Lehrkind owners run their business: advice, comfort, guidance.... the little things that make a visit meaningful. If you have any special needs, they will try to help if they can.

This is a great find and worth making a destination.

Room Tip: All the rooms tend to be quiet and offer privacy. If you have a preference for a tub with shower or...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed in the Elm Suite for 4 nights. This beautiful victorian mansion B&B from the late 1800's is beautifully restored and furnished with amazing antiques and stained glass. Every evening we would gather in the large common areas with our 4 other traveling companions to talk, read and enjoy the fireplace. Chris was amazingly accomodating and brought us glasses for our wine and dishes for our snacks. One night we got a pizza delivered and enjoyed it by the fireplace. Breakfasts were inventive and delicious.
The B&B is quiet, very clean and well priced. Chris was the best host ever. We visited in Feb. 2012 and while it was cold outside the rooms inside were very cozy with individual heat controls.
We would highly recommend staying here and would love to return for another visit.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are in a separate building a few steps from the main building. Our friends stayed...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
nyc
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I am lucky to have a brother that has lived in Bozeman for there past ten years or so...
Every Christmas I travel to Bozeman to stay for the Christmas Holiday.
This year was packed with family at my brothers, so I stayed at the Lehrkind B+B, with my 26 year old Girlfriend.This place is Fantastic!! Everything from the furniture to the warm atmosphere provided by the owners and the guests alike. Every night coming "home" was
really special for my girlfriend and I. The Breakfast is out of this world! I woke up early to make sure I had that fresh, local bacon! Let it be known that I am a 30 year old from NYC, so this place has something for everyone. We just got home couple of days ago and already miss the Lehrkind and Chris! One word.. GO!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The Lehrkind Mansion was very beautiful. Our service was outstanding, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful stay. The mansion is very easy to get to, and centrally located, easy access to downtown. I would definitely recommend staying here on a trip to Bozeman.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank mrandmrsmanske
Denver, CO
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This B & B is fantastic! Chris is very friendly and his breakfasts are amazing! The attention to detail in all aspects of this inn-from the antiques scattered throughout the whole house, to the delightful Regina music box and the myriad of suggestions from Chris for places to see and eat while you stay in Bozeman are very much appreciated. My only complaint was that we were only in town one night! My husband and I will definitely be back! Thanks Chris!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple