“A little slice of home, but Better!”

Bozeman's Lehrkind Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 Bozeman B&B and Inns
Billings, Montana
“A little slice of home, but Better!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I usually stay in a large, well known hotel chain when in Bozeman, but never again!!! This trip was for my oldest child's "freshman orientation" at MSU. I found the Lehrkind Mansion online and fell in love with the photos. Chris, one of the owners was helpful and gracious in assisting me in choosing a room: The Juniper, located in the Garden House. It was so welcoming and comfortable, and at the same time filled with history and nostalgia. The Koy Pond was just outside my window -- so relaxing to hear the sound of the water. I met wonderful people at breakfast which was to die for: an egg scramble with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, pine nuts & a mild white cheese..... fresh,crisp bacon, a lovely fresh fruit bowl and what I think was a sour cream/pecan muffin -- light and nutty -- and very wonderful, rich,bold coffee. It was a perfect way to begin my day. I was impressed with the attention to detail -- a guest refrigerator with labels for dating/identifying items, historical books related to the mansion, Bozeman and the like. Very clear and appropriate expectations/guidelines for all guests to ensure a peaceful,enjoyable and safe visit by all (shoes off at doors, key return policy, door locking policy, towel/housekeeping instructions, etc)..... I felt like a welcomed and honored guest in their home. I plan to stay at the Lehrkind Mansion as often as is possible when I visit my college freshman this next year!!! Oh, and the front porch swing was delightful -- I enjoyed the sounds and scents of the beautiful grounds as I read & had a refreshing libation (they have wine glasses and bottle openers available for guest use -- and Bozeman has a large variety of local breweries & lovely drink options at their co-op). If you travel to Bozeman, take a look at the Lehrkind Mansion... you will not be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MaryAnne44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We decided to stay in Bozeman on the trip to Montana to see Yellowstone National Park. We chose the Lehrkind Mansion Bed and Breakfast. It was a wonderful experience. We stayed there for one week. The rooms are very comfortable. The mood of the house is peaceful. The decor stays in the period of the house.

The breakfast is delicious. Each breakfast started with coffee or tea, followed by a fresh fruit cup and juice, then the main meal which consisted of omelets, pancakes or waffles. All the food is prepared fresh using fresh ingredients. The proprietors did ask for any food allergies or sensitivities so they could adjust the menu to meet your dietary needs.

The mansion and the surrounding area have history to it. We took a walk around the neighborhood and got a sense of the area. Wonderful place to be.

I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
BC
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A delightful 3 day visit to Bozeman. B & B was excellent. We own and live in a heritage house in Victoria, BC, so home from home. Chris was very helpful with regards to local information and Yellowstone Park our final destination. Although I am a cereal man, we enjoyed the freshly made breakfasts. There are no TV's. Wow. You have to talk with each other. Mind you my wife does all the talking anyway. Bozeman has a little bit of everything, nice walks and a nice museum. It is a university town so is quite vibrant even in the Summer break.

Room Tip: They are all nice rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tobiaus
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A gem of a house with a delightful, friendly and informative host who can also cook! Hearing the train come by and the birds chatter away in the morning took me back to lazy childhood Saturday mornings. We really enjoyed meeting the other guests in the house around the breakfast table - nobody wanted to miss that delicious event. I would never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

It was our first trip to Montana... My husband and I had no idea what to expect... We arrived late at night in Bozeman...because of the the excellent directions on the Lehrkind's website, we were able to find the mansion very easily. Even at this late hour, ( it was past midnight) we were warmly greeted at the door by Chris . From the very first moment we stepped into this beautiful house we sensed the pride and enthusiasm that the owners feel about their magnificently kept property...we knew we had chosen the perfect bed and breakfast!! (Really, no need to consider any other!!!) The attention to detail was amazing ... Beautiful pieces in every room... Each room filled with history.( be sure you find a few minutes for Chris to show you one of the mansions treasures ...the oldest music box in the world. .. the sound is amazing! !
When we entered our room (muir) we were in awe!!! The attention to detail was amazing. From the magnificent bedding to the beautiful bathroom ( all of course impeccably clean!) I enjoyed examining every piece in the room while my husband was impressed with our bed that had a memory foam mattress. What a great nights sleep we had!!!!
Breakfast was served in an
elegant dining room . I have to admit that I have never had such a delicious breakfast in any and bed and breakfast ever!!! (We also met wonderful people at breakfast)
My only regret is that we hadn't planned to stay longer. In the morning we were off to Yellowstone. Chris planned our day in yellowstone ( he had been a ranger at one point) and his advice was perfect! Even after we left the mansion , Chris kept in touch with us to be sure we were making the most out of everyday!

• Stayed June 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed 3 extraordinary nights nights in the historic cottage behind the Lehrkind Mansion. The innkeepers treated us very well. Breakfasts at the Mansion were superb - natural ingredients both healthy and delicious. Amenities were comfortable and unique - innkeepers take pride in the antiques they’ve located to furnish the place. Located a short walk from Bozeman center, we could walk most everywhere we went. Enjoyed the Montana Ale Works for dinner, another short walk from the Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hliccardi
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had the nicest stay at the Lehrkind Mansion B&B. We stayed in the Aububon Suite. The room was large with an adjoining sitting room. The bed was comfortable and we had a private bath. We enjoyed meeting the other guests staying there and the location couldn't have been better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple