“Turn and burn economics makse for poor choice” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Bozeman

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Bozeman
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
Boise, Idaho
“Turn and burn economics makse for poor choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

We booked our stay in Bozeman through Hotwire, for $89.00which was by fare the best price. Most Hotels/Motels are quoting rates of $130-259.00, which is crazy. However, we still paid far too much for this room. I don’t know how this area justifies these rates, last year we stayed in a Holliday Inn Express for $65.00. We couldn’t even get a motel 8 for 65.00.

The Hotel is older, clean and seemed fine, but don't expect anything else. We had to hall luggage up 2 flights of stares. The room was clean, but bare bones… no microwave, no mini fridge, and dated décor- we could have used some more outlets for computers ect. It was very quiet, I don’t think we heard anything in the room, since we work while we travel, that quiet was very nice.

What didn’t make sense was that we called to extend our stay for one night. Kyle the clerk I spoke to on the phone, at the desk refused to extend our rate, told me to book it with Hotwire. This makes no sense, first Hotwire puts your rate up for bid, so we would have had to gamble and possibly change hotels. I argued with him, that extending my rate was a more profitable option for the hotel, because I would imagine Hotwire takes a percentage of the rate. He argued back that their rate was $129.00 and that was that. I told him I wanted to talk to a manager and he told me there was not a manager to talk too. He then suddenly offered a rate of $99.00; I accepted because I was tired and didn’t want to deal with more aggravation.

My husband went to the desk and asked to have a manager call us. We never heard a word. I would not stay at this Holiday Inn Hotel again, obviously the management is not concerned with customers, has no concept of how to economics. While I appreciate Hotwire is a good way to get a lower rate, it is up to the hotels to know their business, and it makes more sense to extend our rate than split it with Hotwire.

I thought the economy would be teaching us that turn and burn business practices are not sustainable nor are they smart. Keep it up Holiday Inn in Bozeman. I hope you suffer.

Menopausal Testy Traveler.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Middlebury, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

This Holiday Inn is decent enough but its long hallways that have a stale odor and older decor in the rooms make it less desirable than the newer hotels like Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Naperville, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

We stopped here for the night as we traveled through MT and the hotel room was fairly clean and had been upded within the last 5 years or so. The location near I-90 is excellent and downtown Bozeman is close by car. The hotel has no elevator (we knew that) and the internet did not have enough bandwidth but the room was quiet and our stay met our needs. I wouldn't want to stay here more than a day though as it was not all that comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank travelsalotoo
Stillwater, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

Booked the room on Priceline and was very impressed with the room for the money. Very clean, very quiet. It was full, so we expected it to be noisy. Quite the opposite. Very nice front desk. In the morning the clerk helped me find a charger for my phone. Eat at Naked Noodle in town.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ksand512
Iowa City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

I ended up with this hotel through hotwire. It was a decent hotel in a beautiful city. I didn't swim, but the pool was big and nice. Everything else was standard, but I'd stay there again if I went through Bozeman.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

My husband and I stayed there at the end of June. When we arrived, we were given keys for the room that did not work. We were staying on the second floor in the back of the hotel. We had problems with the keys from the beginning. Staff expected us to keep running back and forth with new keys, and finally decided to fix the lock at 11:30PM!! Staff was rude and condescending...not sympathetic at all to our problem. We would never return...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mlmore

Travellers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Greeley, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

The room was a little pricey for what it was but it was still a pretty decent place to stay. The staff was very helpful, friendly and really seemed to care about making our stay as pleasant as possible. The one thing we really didn't like was the bathroom, it was very very small. There was absolutely no extra room in it at all. It was very hard to use the counter area because the tub and toilet were to close to it. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and family because it was clean, quiet and the staff was very good. But we would warn them about the bathroom situation

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple