We booked our stay in Bozeman through Hotwire, for $89.00which was by fare the best price. Most Hotels/Motels are quoting rates of $130-259.00, which is crazy. However, we still paid far too much for this room. I don’t know how this area justifies these rates, last year we stayed in a Holliday Inn Express for $65.00. We couldn’t even get a motel 8 for 65.00.
The Hotel is older, clean and seemed fine, but don't expect anything else. We had to hall luggage up 2 flights of stares. The room was clean, but bare bones… no microwave, no mini fridge, and dated décor- we could have used some more outlets for computers ect. It was very quiet, I don’t think we heard anything in the room, since we work while we travel, that quiet was very nice.
What didn’t make sense was that we called to extend our stay for one night. Kyle the clerk I spoke to on the phone, at the desk refused to extend our rate, told me to book it with Hotwire. This makes no sense, first Hotwire puts your rate up for bid, so we would have had to gamble and possibly change hotels. I argued with him, that extending my rate was a more profitable option for the hotel, because I would imagine Hotwire takes a percentage of the rate. He argued back that their rate was $129.00 and that was that. I told him I wanted to talk to a manager and he told me there was not a manager to talk too. He then suddenly offered a rate of $99.00; I accepted because I was tired and didn’t want to deal with more aggravation.
My husband went to the desk and asked to have a manager call us. We never heard a word. I would not stay at this Holiday Inn Hotel again, obviously the management is not concerned with customers, has no concept of how to economics. While I appreciate Hotwire is a good way to get a lower rate, it is up to the hotels to know their business, and it makes more sense to extend our rate than split it with Hotwire.
I thought the economy would be teaching us that turn and burn business practices are not sustainable nor are they smart. Keep it up Holiday Inn in Bozeman. I hope you suffer.
Menopausal Testy Traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Bozeman Hotel, located minutes from Montana State University and the Museum of the Rockies. We are only a short drive from award-winning hiking, fishing on the Gallatin, Madison and Jefferson Rivers and skiing at Brider Bowl Ski Resort or Moonlight Basin. Just 90 minutes from Yellowstone National Park through beautiful Paradise Valley. We re right where you want to be. Ready to experience Montana cuisine at it's finest? Three Rivers Restaurant, our in-house restaurant, is sure to satisfy your cravings for great food. Our Lounge, the Dry Fly Saloon is the perfect place to spend a relaxing evening with friends.All of our guests enjoy complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access in all guestrooms and hotel public areas. We also offer extensive meeting facilities for your banquet, business meeting weddingsor corporate events. During your stay, be sure to check with our knowledgeable Guest Services staff for information on the many local attractions and activities in Big Sky Country(including the best places to fish, hike, and ski). We want to make your trip to the Gallatin Valley and your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Bozeman Hotel a memorable one each and every time you visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Bozeman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bozeman Hotel Bozeman
- Bozeman Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Bozeman Montana