“Great Value and Ambitious Employees”
Review of Super 8 Bozeman

Super 8 Bozeman
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here in July for 3 days. The place was newly remodeled and it looks great. Any concerns are addressed quickly by a highly motivated team. Clean sheets, floor,bathroom and tabletops. What else do you need. Breakfast includes waffles,fruit,yogurt,toast, eggs and cereal.

Room Tip: Super 8 seems to be going through a change to capture more business by offering clean rooms at an af...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RBeresh

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Another room refurbished by the Wyndham corp.what a nice surprise! The quality of the mattresses were fantastic! The room was clean and well stocked with plenty of decent quality towels. The room was quiet. The staff went above board getting us a ground floor room. It was decorated well, and everything worked. Check in was a breeze. Continental breakfast was standard, waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt and so forth. This was the second time we stayed at a Super 8 on this trip and because of the quality of the rooms and service, we joined their loyalty program.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We spent our first night after driving 12 hours from Seattle at the Super 8 Motel in Bozeman. The positive worth sharing is the staff. They were a very friendly group, and seemed very able and responsible for trying to make the stay a good one. Unfortunately, the facilities are aging, and needs a huge upgrade. Two immediate issues we faced (especially for my wife) was having to use stairs to get up to our floor and the smell of smoke in the entrance ways and hallways. The smoke odor was disturbing in moving in and out of the hotel, although we didn't smell it in our room. The room was cramped and the bed was very uncomfortable. The pillows were too small for sleep. The shower head nozzles were old and didn't provide good water pressure. The toilets were very low--and difficult for my wife to sit down and stand back up. It is sad that a good staff has to work with these facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Before I begin, I need to point out that people with mobility issues will have problems. To get to any room, you have to use the stairs – there are no elevators. For me this was an issue since I cannot walk well and have to use a cane. The first floor is nine steps down from ground level, the second floor is nine steps up from ground level and the third floor is an additional full flight of stairs above that.

An odd problem: I learned something about door handles. They use a lever-style door handle (I have them at home) and I tried to open the door by pushing down on the handle – that seemed the intuitive thing to do. Well, the person at the desk gently suggested that I try lifting up on the handle. Wonders never cease; it worked perfectly! So consider that a lesson learned.

One of my pet peeves about motels is that their bathrooms are usually so small that you practically have to step into the tub or stand on the toilet if you want to close the door. A BIG PLUS to this motel for having a big enough bathroom.

Having gotten that out of the way, let’s get going. This is one of the older, pre-electronics, buildings. You know the kind, the ones with plain walls and a heavily textured, or pop-corned ceiling. This means that electrical outlets are buried out of sight behind furniture. That’s why you always carry a power strip along so you can plug all your chargers into the outlet you do find. (You’ll find a photo of my power strip with only half of its chargers plugged in. Note that my strip is a heavy duty one with five outlets on one side and three widely spaced ones on the other side. It’s heavy to lug around but very handy.)

As for the motel itself, it is remarkably well maintained which tells you they have a staff that takes pride in their work. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable. Everything you would expect. The folks on the desk were prompt and very helpful in getting my door open (they didn’t even snicker at my dilemma).

Their breakfast area is spacious, bright, and airy – very nice. They have a new kind of waffle maker – it makes four smaller waffles instead of the one larger waffle that most places have. This looks like a great idea but I don’t know if it adds to the maintenance for the staff. The problem with one larger waffle is that it is difficult to cut with those rubber knives they give you.

As a bonus, they also served biscuits and gravy – just so you knew you were out west and not still in the flatlands. And just in case you still didn’t know, there was also a very large bottle of hot sauce on the counter. (Us flat-landers from the Midwest notice things like that and avoid the stuff.)

Right across the parking lot from the entrance there is a restaurant called Panda Buffet. If you like Chinese food, you’ve come to the right motel.

To sum up, it was a good stay and we will stay here again if we come this way.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, there are stairs to climb. Nearby Chinese-American restaurant
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I just stayed five nights at the Bozeman Super 8! Everyone, and I do mean everyone!, from Management to Housekeeping staff went out of their way to make sure I had a wonderful stay. Their cheerful smiles and willingness to answer questions, were just some of the ways they made me feel welcome. The hotel was full, yet the staff ensured that things were quiet after 10pm (there were some teams staying a few days while I was there, and you wouldn't have even known it!). Rooms were so clean! I travel a lot and consider myself to be "picky" on cleanliness--no issues here. Comfy beds. Great breakfast! This is the place to stay when you come to Bozeman--I know I will be coming back! Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Based on my personal experience, I will not stay at the Super 8 in Bozeman, MT ever again! We stayed twice in one week. The first time we stayed, we were given a single bed room when we had reserved a double bed. And then the receptionist inclined that it was OUR fault that this happened which I found really offensive. Three days later we came back and the same thing happened! They tried to give us a single room instead of a double! Once again they insinuated that it was our fault when making the reservation. Both incidents could have been handled with a little more respect. The second time we stayed our room smelt like mold as soon as we walked in. I have bad allergies so I was honestly scared to sleep in there. Also, when you are in the parking lot you can see that most of the windows are broken and the screens have huge holes in them. We ended up getting a refund, leaving and checking into a different hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed one night. Two queen beds did not leave much moving room. Room was clean . I was a little surprised there was not a grab bar in the shower. Hot breakfast with many options was available ,but seating was limited. Nice stay with no frills

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family