“Almost perfect!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Easy to find. Quiet. Walking distance to many stores. Nice view. Nearby creek. Nearby jogging trails. Spacious room. Pleasant employees. Plentiful breakfast food/drink choices, including lots of non-dairy creamers for my coffee (a must for me since I'm lactose intolerant) Very nice log cabin decor. Free wifi, Free parking, Free breakfast. I used the pool, spa and gym. My complaints are and the reason I didn't give it 5 stars is; the gym was filthy with chunks of mud on the eliptical machine and wall, the picture was broken and barely hanging and there was thick sticky dust on the machines. The pool and spa were clean enough. The room appeared very clean, my complaints were that there was a moderate amount of mold in the fridge drawer which I mentioned to the head of housekeeping but she did nothing about, a 4 inch tear in the window screen and a 1 foot diameter stain on the carpet. I did notice and was impressed to see that they lift up the mattresses and vacuum them thoroughly before putting them back together to make them. I did not notice any evidence of bedbugs. My number one fear at hotels. Although there were minor issues, I definately would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor in the middle facing costco. It was quiet because it was opposite the freewa...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 July 2012

The property was undergoing renovations, but didn't hamper our stay at all. Room was clean, and the staff was very friendly and responsive to requests. I would suggest that the pool filtration system be serviced, as the pool water was cloudy on both days we were guests.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This hotel is in a very convenient location - next to Costco for gas and grocery on our way to Yellowstone. Very quiet with comfortable beds. The breakfast was like a gourmet breakfast! We had omelettes, sausages, fresh-made waffles, plus all the continental breakfast stuff. Nice sitting area.

1  Thank travelbuggy123
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Nice hotel, nice enough that we decided to book it on our return trip 9 days later from Banff and were sadly disappointed that the reservation process at this hotel is a joke. We booked a ground floor since we travel with our small dog, and were assured we would get a ground floor with our reservation. We were even told we could get the same room, LOL. They had no ground floor rooms available for us, so what is the point of giving your credit card and reserving a room? Nice place, but will avoid Wingates in the future.

Room Tip: Can't help on this since your reservation won't be honored, maybe a walk in has a better cha...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wyodeb
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Had a little difficult time finding it as were in downtown Bozeman but it was worth the hunt. Good breakfast, quiet stay

Reviewed 20 June 2012

During two stays at the Bozeman Wingate, my wife and I were very happy with the hotel. Everything was clean and nice, breakfast was excellent, and the staff were just exceptionally helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We booked this Wingate because of the high ratings we read. The price was good, check-in was good. The location was good, real close to the interstate exit. There was a big choice of places to eat as well as shop.
My wife & I had traveled ten hours from British Columbia and were more interested in getting a relaxing sleep. The staff put us on the third floor, and we were glad to not have anyone above us. However, early in the morning, I swear someone was going to come through our ceiling. There was construction going on throughout the resort. We could see that there was painting going on in the lobby and hall, but had no idea that there was also roof work going on. We were woken up early in the morning with some serious roof construction work going on. I went to the lobby and asked about the roof construction and why were not told about the construction and noise from the roof. The desk clerk pointed to a sign and said “we did tell you”. The sign just said excuse our mess. The sign made no indication about roof construction. I said, “how about the roof construction, that sign doesn’t say you are going to wake us up in the morning with roof construction”. The clerk then said, “Well, the construction workers start work at 8:00”. However, the crew started way before 8:00.
There were numerous places to stay, and we would have stayed somewhere else had we known of the noise and that we were going to be woken up early in the morning.
Poor communication by Wingate.

Room Tip: Don't say on the 3rd floor with roof construction going on.
1  Thank Menden1