“Good value and nice room”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while on business trip. Room was very nice, and more modern than I anticipated. Breakfast was okay, enough to fill me up but nothing spectacular. Glad to see that they had Bigelow teas, not just generic Lipton. Staff was not overly friendly but helpful when asked for assistance. If you are in Bozeman, chances are you want to spend as little time as possible in a hotel and as much time as possible outdoors, so my needs were minimal, but it was nice to come back to a clean room at night and good flat screen TV.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor but I heard that some of the rooms on the upper floors had nice views of th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West while traveling to visit Yellowstone National Park. We've been very pleased with this chain in the past and this hotel was no different. Cookies in the lobby, friendly staff, lots of breakfast options (read: Fruit Loops!), clean and quiet suite, pool and workout room... we enjoyed it all. Maintenance was quick to show up when we needed a plunger. We're a family of five... we stayed in a Junior Suite... king bed, sofa bed and asked for a roll-away... more than enough space to sleep, maneuver around and relax. The hotel is literally next to Costco, which couldn't have been more convenient for both gas and stocking up. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Junior Suite was great for a family of 5. Get a roll-away. Ask for a room that doesn't face Cost...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'm glad to see the other reviews are very positive and hope a little maintenance will assure a consistent experience. This seems to be a nice hotel, clean, nice staff and good location for airport access. Unfortunately I did not get a good night sleep due to fixable issues. I didn't see anyone at the hotel when I left @ 4:00AM to tell so my apology to hotel staff to see it here first.

In my first room the AC didn't work staff reset it, it still didn't work. From the discussion it sounded like I was not the first to have had this problem and the system needed to be "flushed." I was originally told they'd give me a fan and reduce the rate on the room. That would have been bad. Thankfully they found another room and moved me.

The new room 206 seemed perfectly fine, clean and comfortable, until the middle of the night. When the Samsung TV switched to standby mode emitting an odd blue glow that was invisible when the lights were on but quite bright when the lights were off. The front desk didn't know what the issue was and a little goggle search identified this as a common issue with these TVs. I learned that turning it off and on often solves the problem temporarily. Unfortunately once awake and very tired I was very aware of a bad rattle in the AC at the start of every cooling cycle that turned on and off every 6 minutes making it impossible to get back to sleep until I decided to turn it off which was OK since I was leaving soon but it probably would have become uncomfortable if I had wanted to sleep longer.

A final nit. We arrived in town early 2PM called the hotel to see if rooms might be available we were told we could get into rooms in 30 minutes. That sounded very nice and would have raised my rating. However once there I waited an hour and a half to get into the room which seemed hard to understand.

Room Tip: In the next few days I'd be wary of 326 - no AC and 206 - TV & rattle in AC. Eye shades an...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear budget_travel_buff,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you liked the fine location of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with the room accommodations you had and during check-in. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review and improvements. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here with 17 people as part of a mission trip. It was a great hotel. Every member of the staff was friendly. The breakfast was also very good. Even though we stayed a week, we never got tired of the cinnamon rolls - yummy!

We had a small issue with the smoke detector in our room, and they were great about handling it. The only negative is that the rooms weren't ready until like 4:45 on the day of check in. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was impressed with this hotel the minute I stepped into the lobby. The craftsman style decor was beautiful. The breakfast area was really large and decorated nicely too.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite, and wow, were we pleasantly surprised!! It was huge! There was a kitchenette with a sink, fridge, microwave and single serve coffee maker.
It had a full sized kitchen table that could easily seat eight people. This did not take away from the space of the sitting room whatsoever, because we were able to place a rollaway bed against one wall, have the table towards the opposite wall, and still have about 4-5 feet of walking space.

There was a computer desk, cozy chair and ottoman, and a foldout coach and coffee table. We had a beautiful view of the mountains outside the large windows.

There were locking double doors to separate the bedroom from the sitting area. The king-sized bed was super comfy, as were the pillows.

The bathroom was located off the bedroom. It was huge as well! Everything was very clean and fully stocked and included shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion from Bath and Body Works.

The room was very quiet as we were sleeping. I was able to hear a faint train whistle sometime during the night, but it honestly wasn't loud enough to disturb us.

I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
2  Thank Kingskid238
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent place to stay if Bozeman is your home base for a backpacking trip with Wildland Trekking or REI. The extremely friendly front desk staff will get you a quiet room if you request it, they will store your luggage while you are out backpacking, and their breakfast starts at 6:00 so you can fuel up before your trip leaves. Other hotels have a later breakfast on the weekends. Very good location also- short drive to Main Street and even shorter drive or walking distance to chain restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room on the top floor- lots of kids stay here and they sound like herds...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel had some little extras that made it very nice. First off they have real portable cribs, the metal ones that fold out, not just the playpen type. The pool is larger and has a seating area outside. The eating area is larger then usually at Holiday Inns. Close to an Italian restaurant, Costco and a couple of other big name stores.