“Great hotel , great location !!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
“Great hotel , great location !!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just a stop over while on the way to Montana. Front desk service was great !! Room was awesome !! Just minutes off the highway and minutes from lots of great places to eat !! Will stay here again the next time I am in town !!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEBozeman, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Troy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our room, service, and location! We work hard to give our guests the best experience possible every time. We hope to see you again in the beautiful Bozeman, MT!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Our family had confirmed reservations for two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Bozeman, Montana, made through Holiday Inn website. We knew we were getting in late. We arrived a little after midnight, and were told they have no rooms, but they knew we had reservations and he assumed we booked through a third party (we did not) and told us that happens sometimes when you book through a third party. They booked us at another motel in town. When we asked about our second night at Holiday Inn Express, he said he didn’t have us down for a second night either. The Holiday Inn did pay for our first night at the alternate motel. I am posting this because I was dismayed that when I went through the trouble of making reservations directly with Holiday Inn Express and after I got there was told there were no rooms. (I might add the alternate hotel had only one room left, with one king size bed for three people.) I am appalled that a large hotel chain like Holiday Inn could not or would not honor our confirmed reservations. To add to my frustration, I left a complaint on the Holiday Inn website comments section, and have received no response from them to date. I am frankly appalled at how we were treated in this situation.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BJ1944
BJ1944,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate guest reviews as they give us the opportunity to correct issues and work on problem areas. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and your family. The General Manager had replied to your email the same afternoon as receiving it yesterday, but if you have not received it as of yet, please feel free to contact us directly at 406-582-4995, so we can further assist you. We hope that booking a room preemptively upon discovering the issue, and covering the cost of the first night of your stay, showed our care for you as a customer. We hope with our sincerity in trying to accommodate you as best as possible due to the booking issue with our website, is shown. Again we apologize for the inconvenience, please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to speak with a manager directly. We hope that you will give us a chance to accommodate you in the future.
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 3AM and waited about 5 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk. Then a woman who look like she had been taking a snooze showed up to check us in. She wasn't very pleasant and not very welcoming. I work in the service industry and to me service is key.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Didier S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity to learn about our areas for improvement and will address them with our staff. We were happy to hear that you liked our facilities, and hope that we will have the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Thank you again for your review.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while on business trip. Room was very nice, and more modern than I anticipated. Breakfast was okay, enough to fill me up but nothing spectacular. Glad to see that they had Bigelow teas, not just generic Lipton. Staff was not overly friendly but helpful when asked for assistance. If you are in Bozeman, chances are you want to spend as little time as possible in a hotel and as much time as possible outdoors, so my needs were minimal, but it was nice to come back to a clean room at night and good flat screen TV.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor but I heard that some of the rooms on the upper floors had nice views of th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West while traveling to visit Yellowstone National Park. We've been very pleased with this chain in the past and this hotel was no different. Cookies in the lobby, friendly staff, lots of breakfast options (read: Fruit Loops!), clean and quiet suite, pool and workout room... we enjoyed it all. Maintenance was quick to show up when we needed a plunger. We're a family of five... we stayed in a Junior Suite... king bed, sofa bed and asked for a roll-away... more than enough space to sleep, maneuver around and relax. The hotel is literally next to Costco, which couldn't have been more convenient for both gas and stocking up. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Junior Suite was great for a family of 5. Get a roll-away. Ask for a room that doesn't face Cost...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Minneapolis
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'm glad to see the other reviews are very positive and hope a little maintenance will assure a consistent experience. This seems to be a nice hotel, clean, nice staff and good location for airport access. Unfortunately I did not get a good night sleep due to fixable issues. I didn't see anyone at the hotel when I left @ 4:00AM to tell so my apology to hotel staff to see it here first.

In my first room the AC didn't work staff reset it, it still didn't work. From the discussion it sounded like I was not the first to have had this problem and the system needed to be "flushed." I was originally told they'd give me a fan and reduce the rate on the room. That would have been bad. Thankfully they found another room and moved me.

The new room 206 seemed perfectly fine, clean and comfortable, until the middle of the night. When the Samsung TV switched to standby mode emitting an odd blue glow that was invisible when the lights were on but quite bright when the lights were off. The front desk didn't know what the issue was and a little goggle search identified this as a common issue with these TVs. I learned that turning it off and on often solves the problem temporarily. Unfortunately once awake and very tired I was very aware of a bad rattle in the AC at the start of every cooling cycle that turned on and off every 6 minutes making it impossible to get back to sleep until I decided to turn it off which was OK since I was leaving soon but it probably would have become uncomfortable if I had wanted to sleep longer.

A final nit. We arrived in town early 2PM called the hotel to see if rooms might be available we were told we could get into rooms in 30 minutes. That sounded very nice and would have raised my rating. However once there I waited an hour and a half to get into the room which seemed hard to understand.

Room Tip: In the next few days I'd be wary of 326 - no AC and 206 - TV & rattle in AC. Eye shades an...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear budget_travel_buff,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you liked the fine location of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with the room accommodations you had and during check-in. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review and improvements. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ridgeway, VA
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here with 17 people as part of a mission trip. It was a great hotel. Every member of the staff was friendly. The breakfast was also very good. Even though we stayed a week, we never got tired of the cinnamon rolls - yummy!

We had a small issue with the smoke detector in our room, and they were great about handling it. The only negative is that the rooms weren't ready until like 4:45 on the day of check in. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family