“Much better than other Holiday Inn Express chains I've stayed aound the world”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Tokyo, Japan
“Much better than other Holiday Inn Express chains I've stayed aound the world”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

As a Platinum Elite IHG Rewards Club Member, I received many complimentary services. There were some minuses on the hotel, but all the greatness erased the deficit to balance things out as Excellent.

Location: Just off Interstate 90, exit 305. There are many shopping retail outlets in the walking distance, and some restaurants too. Convenient access to the freeway, and OK distance to downtown Bozeman. Excellent.

History: Originally opened as Wingate by Wyndham in 1996. Acquired by IHG Corporation; rebranded/refurnished as Holiday Inn Express in 2012.

Interior Decor: New generation of Holiday Inn Express standard. Good mix of Rocky Mountain culture influences with modern contemporary furnitures. Suite room features contemporary sense of furnitures. Excellent.

Exterior Appearance: Relatively small size (compared to other national chain hotels in the vicinity such as Residence Inn and Hilton Garden Inn). Still, very conmpetitive modern looking building; with multiple entraces to the hotel lobyy area (1 in the front; and 2 in the back) that allows good parking access. Very good.

Outside view from the room I stayed at: Parking lot + Gallatin Center shopping area. OK.

Room Size: Approximately 60 square meters. Plenty to room to stretch out, sleep and breathe. Excellent.

Room Cleanness: Spotlessly clean. Great job!

Price and Value: 15000 points deducted as IHG Rewards Club member; per room. We used 2 rooms. This is an excellent bargain, considering that rack rate was $279; and the high season Saturday night rate for the suite was around $225-$240.

Services: Very friendly front desk staffs to arrange 2 rooms worth of upgrades to suite room; plus she even fixed my friend's half-broken suitcase. Plus comlimentary bottle of mineral water and trail mix nuts bag as welcome gift for Platinum Elite member.

Bathroom: Plenty of space. Good sense of shampoo and conditioner (Bath & Body Works brand). The short coming here was that when I first used the shower, it took about 5 minutes to warm up to the desired temperature; but once it got to the desired temperature, it kept on flowing right.

Room Descriptions: Room 102 - King bedroom + living room + kitchen + dining table for suite; Room 202 - King bedroom + living room + kitchen + dining table + jacuzzi for suite.

Bed: Medium softness. Comfortable.

Room Tip: Definitely get a suite room. You will like all that extra space.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

When I checked in, I was upgraded to a suite, which was made me happy. The suite itself was in a decent condition and the hotel was located relatively close to the airport. I was a little surprised though when a hotel employee made me wait by holding the elevator until her colleague came back from the lobby. Not sure that's the best service, especially that there were two elevators.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BigGFoodie1
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2014

As a returning guest to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, we always look forward to our stay. We returned once again this summer, and were not disappointed. Everything was just as we remembered, friendly hotel staff, clean & spacious, comfortable & relaxing, morning breakfast met our family's needs perfectly. We will definitely stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Bozeman in the future should we be travelling this way.

Room Tip: Recommend this hotel for it's location, friendly staff, clean & comfortable, area shopping...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
BZNGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Dear MOJO329,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Bozeman! We love being able to accommodate you each time you stay with us and we are proud to hear that we have continued to do so for all of your stays. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Bozeman Montana.
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just a stop over while on the way to Montana. Front desk service was great !! Room was awesome !! Just minutes off the highway and minutes from lots of great places to eat !! Will stay here again the next time I am in town !!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEBozeman, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Troy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our room, service, and location! We work hard to give our guests the best experience possible every time. We hope to see you again in the beautiful Bozeman, MT!
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Our family had confirmed reservations for two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Bozeman, Montana, made through Holiday Inn website. We knew we were getting in late. We arrived a little after midnight, and were told they have no rooms, but they knew we had reservations and he assumed we booked through a third party (we did not) and told us that happens sometimes when you book through a third party. They booked us at another motel in town. When we asked about our second night at Holiday Inn Express, he said he didn’t have us down for a second night either. The Holiday Inn did pay for our first night at the alternate motel. I am posting this because I was dismayed that when I went through the trouble of making reservations directly with Holiday Inn Express and after I got there was told there were no rooms. (I might add the alternate hotel had only one room left, with one king size bed for three people.) I am appalled that a large hotel chain like Holiday Inn could not or would not honor our confirmed reservations. To add to my frustration, I left a complaint on the Holiday Inn website comments section, and have received no response from them to date. I am frankly appalled at how we were treated in this situation.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BJ1944
BJ1944,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate guest reviews as they give us the opportunity to correct issues and work on problem areas. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and your family. The General Manager had replied to your email the same afternoon as receiving it yesterday, but if you have not received it as of yet, please feel free to contact us directly at 406-582-4995, so we can further assist you. We hope that booking a room preemptively upon discovering the issue, and covering the cost of the first night of your stay, showed our care for you as a customer. We hope with our sincerity in trying to accommodate you as best as possible due to the booking issue with our website, is shown. Again we apologize for the inconvenience, please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to speak with a manager directly. We hope that you will give us a chance to accommodate you in the future.
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 3AM and waited about 5 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk. Then a woman who look like she had been taking a snooze showed up to check us in. She wasn't very pleasant and not very welcoming. I work in the service industry and to me service is key.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Didier S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity to learn about our areas for improvement and will address them with our staff. We were happy to hear that you liked our facilities, and hope that we will have the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Thank you again for your review.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while on business trip. Room was very nice, and more modern than I anticipated. Breakfast was okay, enough to fill me up but nothing spectacular. Glad to see that they had Bigelow teas, not just generic Lipton. Staff was not overly friendly but helpful when asked for assistance. If you are in Bozeman, chances are you want to spend as little time as possible in a hotel and as much time as possible outdoors, so my needs were minimal, but it was nice to come back to a clean room at night and good flat screen TV.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor but I heard that some of the rooms on the upper floors had nice views of th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business