Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mick_1775
Indianapolis, Indiana
Unforgettable Dude Ranch Trip!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jun 2017via mobile
Hands down, the best family trip we've ever taken was to the Lonesome Spur Ranch! Lonnie and Elaine were incredible hosts to my 9 and 10 year old boys, wife, and me, and the scenery while riding was amazing. There is barely a day that goes by that we don't talk about our experiences. I can't recommend it enough to those with at least moderate riding experience!

Thanks again Lonnie and Elaine!

Tom F.
44.1 miles from Lonesome Spur Guest Ranch
Vio.com
    16.6 miles from Lonesome Spur Guest Ranch
    View more hotels in Bridger
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 23 June 2017

The review by Lanidie151 hit the nail on the head. The total amount for one week is around $1800. Typically for vacations where I've spent that type of money, there is a lot more catering to my needs as a guest. I will say, you will certainly get the real ranch experience, which could include.. running their errands into town, checking irrigation, cleaning out the barn, and maybe riding horses if there's time. We only moved cows one day out of the whole week I was there, and that was only a few hours(9-2). The dinners for the week were; crock pot ribs, buy your own, spaghetti, bucket of fried chicken, crock pot pork butt, and buffalo stew. I assure your there was not grilling out or cooking steaks at any point in time, nor did they ask you what you wanted or liked. Most lunches was just a sandwich that you made yourself. From talking with the owners I believe this ranch was at one point something great, but I think now it's on the downward slope.

Date of stay: June 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    6  Thank Alicia W
    Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

The ranch is very good, you experience the real life of the brangles. Elaine and Loane are very nice and helpful. We really enjoy our holiday, we went out with the horses in the field and we Also went to check the cattle. In the Evening they took us to the pig race and to see the real western rodeo.

Date of stay: August 2015
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank brennafamily
    Reviewed 22 July 2015

This was my 3rd trip to the Lonesome Spur Ranch and each time was better than the last. The last thing I wanted in a ranch was a "dude ranch", I wanted to gather, saddle and bridle my own horse. I wanted to ride in areas that are not much differant than they were a hundred or so years ago. I wanted to work with real cowboys, ranchers and ranch families for a true ranch experience. I wanted meals and accomidations that a cowboy would have, no worry about wearing my boots or working clothes anywhere. The participation in round ups, seperating bulls, branding calves were the real deal and we were able to participate as much or as little as we wanted. The trips to the different ranges (pastures) and mountain ranges were breathtaking and being on the Crow reservation land made me feel like I was a hundred years back in time. Elaine and Lonnie were great hosts, the wranglers did a great job with all the guests no matter on ability or riding expertise. I got great tips on my riding, caring for my horse, and Lonnie taught me to throw a rope, still practicing. This ranch is exactly what I wanted and mostly what I thought it would be before I arrived. If you are looking for a Ranch Life experience I highly reccomend The Lonesome Spur. PS Bring rain gear, sometimes it rains in Montana. Hoping to head back this fall.

Date of stay: May 2015
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    2  Thank Kevin N
    Reviewed 17 July 2015

We really enjoyed the many western opportunies we received during our two weeks at the Lonesome Spur Ranch. My husband, myself and our two daughters branded and trailed cows. We camped over night in the beautiful Pryor mountains you could see the stars and the campfire was WONDERFUL. We had some rainy weather so we got to go to Cody, Wyoming where we attended the famous Cody night rodeo and shopped and ate at the famous Buffalo Bill Codys Irma Hotel. We rode in the cottonwood area of over 65,000 acres amazing views to take in you could see the Bear Tooth Mountains with their snow covered peaks. We rode in the ranch arena and trailed the roping steers and tried to barrel race. We also got to watch some of the wranglers train their barrel racing and rope horses at a smaller completion, boy does that take a lot of skill. The ranch has a trained and certified chef who can cook wonderful meals the steaks are to die for and we have one daughter who is a vegetarian which they had no problems providing her with delicious meals too. We all would recommend the Lonesome Spur Ranch where you can enjoy many different western activites in all kind of weather. We stayed for two weeks in June 2015 and wanted to stay longer the staff really kept us busy and we are going to return for more.

Room tip: If you want western down home style this is GREAT
    Date of stay: June 2015
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 17 July 2015

My eight year old son and I stayed at the ranch for a week. All of the staff and owners were wonderful, knowledgeable and friendly. The food was great and the riding was excellent. We had just the right amount of activity and down time for the stay to be relaxing yet still get the ranch experience. We both enjoyed it very much and would come back again.

Date of stay: July 2015