Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lonesomespur
Utzenstorf, Switzerland
Just wonderful
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Apr 2018via mobile
Since many years I go back with a group to Lonesome Spur Ranch. It is my second

home. I always enjoy to be with Lonnie and Elaine. It is like family! It is real Ranch life! We are riding up in the mountains to move cattle. We have overnight camps in Pryor Mountains. Just great and peacful! It is always a big adventure. Mirjam, Switzerland
Date of stay: September 2017Trip type: Travelled with friends
  • Wyndham
    £114
31.9 miles from Lonesome Spur Guest Ranch
View more hotels in Bridger
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2018

very enjoyable riding, nice scenery some expenses incurred were not expected very homestyle atmosphere horses were great & in great shape trip to Yellowstone was nice, but was charged too much Jane & Mary were very entertaining

Date of stay: September 2017
4  Thank Lucia R
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Hands down, the best family trip we've ever taken was to the Lonesome Spur Ranch! Lonnie and Elaine were incredible hosts to my 9 and 10 year old boys, wife, and me, and the scenery while riding was amazing. There is barely a day that goes by that we don't talk about our experiences. I can't recommend it enough to those with at least moderate riding experience!

Thanks again Lonnie and Elaine!

Tom F.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Mick_1775
Reviewed 23 June 2017

The review by Lanidie151 hit the nail on the head. The total amount for one week is around $1800. Typically for vacations where I've spent that type of money, there is a lot more catering to my needs as a guest. I will say, you will certainly get the real ranch experience, which could include.. running their errands into town, checking irrigation, cleaning out the barn, and maybe riding horses if there's time. We only moved cows one day out of the whole week I was there, and that was only a few hours(9-2). The dinners for the week were; crock pot ribs, buy your own, spaghetti, bucket of fried chicken, crock pot pork butt, and buffalo stew. I assure your there was not grilling out or cooking steaks at any point in time, nor did they ask you what you wanted or liked. Most lunches was just a sandwich that you made yourself. From talking with the owners I believe this ranch was at one point something great, but I think now it's on the downward slope.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Alicia W
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

The ranch is very good, you experience the real life of the brangles. Elaine and Loane are very nice and helpful. We really enjoy our holiday, we went out with the horses in the field and we Also went to check the cattle. In the Evening they took us to the pig race and to see the real western rodeo.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank brennafamily
Reviewed 22 July 2015

This was my 3rd trip to the Lonesome Spur Ranch and each time was better than the last. The last thing I wanted in a ranch was a "dude ranch", I wanted to gather, saddle and bridle my own horse. I wanted to ride in areas that are not much differant than they were a hundred or so years ago. I wanted to work with real cowboys, ranchers and ranch families for a true ranch experience. I wanted meals and accomidations that a cowboy would have, no worry about wearing my boots or working clothes anywhere. The participation in round ups, seperating bulls, branding calves were the real deal and we were able to participate as much or as little as we wanted. The trips to the different ranges (pastures) and mountain ranges were breathtaking and being on the Crow reservation land made me feel like I was a hundred years back in time. Elaine and Lonnie were great hosts, the wranglers did a great job with all the guests no matter on ability or riding expertise. I got great tips on my riding, caring for my horse, and Lonnie taught me to throw a rope, still practicing. This ranch is exactly what I wanted and mostly what I thought it would be before I arrived. If you are looking for a Ranch Life experience I highly reccomend The Lonesome Spur. PS Bring rain gear, sometimes it rains in Montana. Hoping to head back this fall.

Date of stay: May 2015