“OK place”

Americas Best Value Inn - Butte
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is a alright place. No hair dryer, no microwave and no fridge. I am used to getting these things, but it is not dealbreaker. They have a bar in the lobby, I didn't go in, so I can't say if it is good or bad. It is a bit of a drive for food, nothing close except truck stops. It serves its purpose and I would have no problem staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Adak C
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Butte

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Rocker Inn is now a America’s Best Value Inn … IMO, they could have gone with a chain that has higher standards. (I don’t have a high opinion of ‘America’s Best,’ they are not a chain I look for when I travel.)

I’ve stayed at the Motel 6 when traveling with others, but traveling alone I come back to the Rocker … or now the America’s Best Value Inn. And as long as they can hold on to their ‘Rocker’ standards I will keep coming back.

I don’t remember the rooms being this nice in the past, but the room I had tonight seemed to have the ‘new’ feeling to it. Lots of room but no extra's ... just the basic's that I use and am not paying for all the stuff I don't use.

No problems at check in, no problems of any kind. Last time I was through here I found out that the Flying J next door has been rebuilt without a restaurant. The lounge does have a couple of ‘bar’ items. Across the freeway are three fast food places, but it is miles to ‘real food.’

Big rig parking both at the motel and next door at the Flying J.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The rate is what attracted us here and we were a little worried what we would get. We were surprised. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. It was a great surprise for the wife and I. I would stay here again if in this neck of the woods.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob R
Andy B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Butte, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

thank-you for the positive remarks of our hotel!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

they had all night movies free. i always check in with a clean room. tv worked well. it close to 2 gas stations & 3 resturants. price is a little high for no breakfast. it should have a little breakfast. it should have at least toast, hot chocolate, & coffee. other than that i had a wonderful time. i go every year for my birthday.

Room Tip: i think you should stay here i recommend this place.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank crystal c
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here for the first time last year, see my review, I again stopped at the rest stop about 5 miles south of I-90 on I-15, picked up a copy of "Roomsaver" and in the back was a coupon for $42 !!!! all of the other places in Butte were starting at $79. I like nice places too, but knowing about the Rocker Inn, I checked in, got the same room and saved $30. Quiet lounge w/ poker machines, fairly quiet location, flat screen tv. Negatives: coffee is in Lobby, Girl that checked me in was less than thrilled that I was there, she sighed as she began to fill out the paperwork. Then I said I was paying cash in the morning, she charged my card anyway and I had to have it reversed in the morning, But overall, I will stay there again next year. There is a huge gas station 1/4 mile away to get back on I-90. The Rocker inn (nothing to do with music, the area is called rocker due to the miners in the old days) is about 5 miles west of Butte too, which saves me time on my trip from there to Missoula.

Room Tip: Go to the far end, away from the staircase.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank walks4653
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Early last April I was on my annual relocation to Washington from Arizona and stopped at a Rest Stop on I-15, and picked up a pamphlet on Butte. I saw a coupon for The Rocker Inn, the price was amazing, about $47. I was skeptical especially because the name, last thing I wanted was loud music, I wanted sleep. I had to fuel up and there is a large Truckstop on the west edge of Butte. When I left there I saw on the other side of I-90 there was the Rocker inn. I decided to check it out. It sits back far enough that it was quiet too. The Clerk was nice, she had just finished dis-arming a guest that was pissed off about how MapQuest or one of those services had put her up in the boonies, as if it were the Clerks fault. She handled the disgruntled guest professionally. I checked in, got the good rate, asked for a room above where I parked as to keep an eye on my pick-up which had stuff in the back, i was accommodated. I was surprised at the room, it looked new. Later I asked if it was and they had remodeled 6 months prior to my visit. AND come to find out the name, Rocker Inn, relates to Mining rather than music. There is a quiet little lounge down stairs and a few poker machines, mediocre breakfast, but good enough to get me to Missoula. I will stay again for sure, I do not know when these negative people stayed but my visit was great, and unbelievabe for the price!

Room Tip: West side gets a Sunset, I always sleep upstairs so people are not walking on my ceiling.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank walks4653
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We were passing through but room was clean,beds were good.Had a lounge near front desk.Was about $80.00 but also events in town at the time.Food choices on site and near.Better then some on this trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends