“Great value”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Arizona
“Great value”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. No frills. A great value. We especially appreciated the quiet air conditioner. The motel is not fancy in many ways, but it was just what a traveler who is budget-minded is looking for.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Our previous stays at this formerly known as 'The Rocker Inn' have always been a great value and a pleasant stay. Never a problem in our 6 to 8 times we've stayed there. This year it all changed when sometime prior to our July 2013 visit The Rocker Inn became an America's Best Value Inn. A coat of paint on the outside spiffed up the place visibly and that is where it ends. The discounts that were confirmed when we made our reservations were not honored. The 'AAA APPROVED' advertising is probably false since this place would not honor our AAA card either. We are terribly disappointed that this establishment hid behind the old excuse of blaming a lack of communication on the employees and therefore was not responsible for the fact that they did not agree to honor the discounts that were agreed upon at the time we made our reservation. We will be contacting AAA about this occurrence. Buyer beware x2! We had even double checked our reservation 2 weeks prior to our arrival. No mention at all of the switch. One renovation I don 't quite get, Pergo type flooring in the toilet/ shower closet? With the inefficient shower pan ledge and curtain it just did n' t make sense for all that water spray ending up on the floor. I'm sorry to see this one slip away from our preferred accommodations.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank George H
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed 30 July 2013

While this may be a little older motel, the nice surprise was the quiet. We stayed here twice and even though there were several semi trucks parked nearby, we never heard them leave. The manager obviously cares about his facility and is working on making things better. It's on the west end of town, with gas stations, fast food restaurants, and casinos nearby. IF you want an affordable place to stay in Butte, this is it!

Room Tip: The upstairs on the non=casino side worked well for us.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
683AndyB, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Butte, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We appreciate your business. I am very pleased you gave us the opportunity to help make your trip so enjoyable. We hope that you decide to stay with us in the future should you ever decide to pass through the area again.

Thanks a million,

Tasha
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is a alright place. No hair dryer, no microwave and no fridge. I am used to getting these things, but it is not dealbreaker. They have a bar in the lobby, I didn't go in, so I can't say if it is good or bad. It is a bit of a drive for food, nothing close except truck stops. It serves its purpose and I would have no problem staying again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Adak C
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Rocker Inn is now a America’s Best Value Inn … IMO, they could have gone with a chain that has higher standards. (I don’t have a high opinion of ‘America’s Best,’ they are not a chain I look for when I travel.)

I’ve stayed at the Motel 6 when traveling with others, but traveling alone I come back to the Rocker … or now the America’s Best Value Inn. And as long as they can hold on to their ‘Rocker’ standards I will keep coming back.

I don’t remember the rooms being this nice in the past, but the room I had tonight seemed to have the ‘new’ feeling to it. Lots of room but no extra's ... just the basic's that I use and am not paying for all the stuff I don't use.

No problems at check in, no problems of any kind. Last time I was through here I found out that the Flying J next door has been rebuilt without a restaurant. The lounge does have a couple of ‘bar’ items. Across the freeway are three fast food places, but it is miles to ‘real food.’

Big rig parking both at the motel and next door at the Flying J.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The rate is what attracted us here and we were a little worried what we would get. We were surprised. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. It was a great surprise for the wife and I. I would stay here again if in this neck of the woods.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob R
Andy B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Butte, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
thank-you for the positive remarks of our hotel!
Butte, Montana
Reviewed 30 September 2012

they had all night movies free. i always check in with a clean room. tv worked well. it close to 2 gas stations & 3 resturants. price is a little high for no breakfast. it should have a little breakfast. it should have at least toast, hot chocolate, & coffee. other than that i had a wonderful time. i go every year for my birthday.

Room Tip: i think you should stay here i recommend this place.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family