“Good value and friendly”

Americas Best Value Inn - Butte
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Bellevue, Washington
“Good value and friendly”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is actually west of Butte but for those travelling I-90 it is a great place to stop. They have a small bar/lounge near the desk. There is also a drip coffee machine which the desk keeps stocked. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The hotel appeared to be busy. There is a laundry and vending service near the back door. This is also where the ironing board and iron are store. The rooms were clean and tidy. The beds were comfortable. One thing I would suggest is you seek a room closer to the front desk because the back rooms are the smoking and pet friendly rooms. On the night I stayed there was also a basketball team who were washing their kit in the laundry until gone 3am! I do not blame the hotel for this but just in case move closer to the desk in case a football team stays there when you visit.

Room Tip: See the review on where to choose a room - if you are challenged by smoking and pets - or the laundr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 4 May 2014

For a convenient inexpensive overnight, when all you want is a comfy bed, this is a good option. Nothing posh, but clean and well maintained. On booking.com, it says there is a free breakfast, when in fact there is no breakfast available at all. The front desk is happy to direct you to a couple of food options just the other side of the freeway.

Very good coffee in the lobby, although none in-room, so you have to be dressed before you can caffeinate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the freeway. It may seem counterintuitive, but the rooms at the back are t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised as I walked down the hall to my room. The trip down the hall reminded me of the hotels in vegas, it was really quite appealing. The room was comfortable and clean but the bathroom struck me as being configured a little strange. Soap and shampoo are provided and plenty of towels. In all, the property was in very good condition. I had a single with a flat screen TV dresser, tables and a couch, all in good shape. Several choices for fast food are right nearby. The staff were excellent and the property has inside corridors.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank scottidog
Butte, Montana
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have been going to Rocker Inn & continued even after it changed names to Americas Best Value Inn. I've been going there for over 5 years. I was always happy going there until last year. I had booked room 204 two months in advance to make sure I got that room. And to my disappointment my special room was booked. So we booked room 204 again on November 5th, 2013. I have terrible asthma they knew I couldn't have a smoking room. We got the non-smoking room we got in the room it was filled with cigarette smoke. The sign was still up for non-smoking. We got another room I was very disappointed about the room change. I told Andy Burton the owner and he said half the time its used for a smoking area half the time its not used for a non-smoking area I can't do anything about it. I thought smoking rooms we're smoking rooms & non-smoking rooms we're non-smoking rooms. I didn't know you could change them when you wanted to. I only spent 3 minutes in that room that smelled terribly like smoke & I'm still sick today from it. People can die from asthma. I have always enjoyed staying at this hotel because of Andy Burton & Andy has always been nice & friendly to me. He was the reason I kept coming back.
One of the highlights of your hotel is free movies all the time. Well, whenever we order movies we have to order them 2 or 3 times before we get a movies when another movie isn't . When all you have to do is put in a DVD & press the play button. That's in every movie we watch.

The person I was with is allergic to perfume & cleaning products. So every time we turned the heat light on in the bath room it smells like strong cleaning detergent. So the cleaning person must've sprayed on there. She also wasn't feeling good. We both had trouble falling asleep because the beds were hard & also the pillows were hard. The receptionist women weren't friendly at all as usual. But I never thought Andy would be unfriendly. So we're not going back to this hotel even though we went there all the time. It was the biggest part of my birthday present. It was always my Birthday present.
P.S. When we we're leaving someone in the hotel took the non-smoking sign on Room 204.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank crystal c
Andy B, Auditor at Americas Best Value Inn - Butte, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
We're very sorry you had an unfortunate stay at our hotel, and sorry to hear you will no longer be staying with us. Just to inform, the room you asked for is and has always been a smoking room. Though many people smoke in it, the room itself is one of our rooms which is very rarely used. As it is a smoking room, we cannot help if the room you requested smells like smoke, as there is always a chance someone had stayed in it before you had who smoked.
We're also sorry that the non-smoking room we offered you was also not to your liking, and that the rooms smelled of cleaning products. For future note, if there is a personal health problem (allergic to certain cleaning products, etc) it is always a good idea to call whichever hotel you are staying at before booking the reservation to ask about such things.

Travellers are raving about these Butte hotels

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stopped here after 900 miles of driving. I wanted an inexpensive hotel that was clean and quiet, and that is what we got. It was easy to find at night. I had a $5 off coupon, which brought our grand total for 2 beds to $65. The room and bathroom were very small but clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable. Staff are meticulous about upkeep, both inside and outside. At that price I did not expect a breakfast. However, the Subway next door had plenty of options under $5.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ReaderPat
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stopped by on our way to Florida and were surprised. The room was not as large as others but clean and comfortable. Comfortable bed. Good choice for economic place. I had read other reviews and I found the hotel quite nice. Basic room with no Addl extras. But nice. The front desk staff was helpful. In that area of Butte it was a good value.

Room Tip: Good place to save and spend the night.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Despite this being a "cheap" hotel, I was pleasantly surprised at the room and personnel quality. The room lacked some of the frills (coffee maker, fridge), but was spacious and comfortable (desk, sofa, nightstand, armoir). The floors and doors creaked a little, the bathroom was a little crowded, but the sleep quality was superb. There was free coffee in lounge and what looked like a bar area adjacent to it. The two gentlemen working reception were quite personable and friendly. I enjoyed my stay here. For the value I give this place a "Very Good" rating. Had I not found hair in the bathtub I would have given it an "Excellent."

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo