“Back to the Future”

Lydia's
Ranked #33 of 110 Restaurants in Butte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: (406) 494-2000
Calgary, Canada
“Back to the Future”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

There was a place that I always remember going to as a kid but could never remember the place. Had nice memories of this place and then it all came to me after we sat down for dinner at Lydia. The bread sticks were great and the platter of app's was something that I had forgotten about.

I have a beef allergy so the raviolli was out for me but I had the crab and wow was it great. It was a feast. The spamoni ice cream was a great way to end it. My dad took me and now I took my sone. A great tradition.

I talked to the waitress and she gave me the history. It was like stepping back in time to another era.

I find posters here tend to be really critical and I think you need to look more for the positives unless the food and service is really crappy.

We had a great time and plan to go back again. Its worth a least one trip

• Visited July 2012

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,231 helpful votes
“I still love this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have been dining at Lydia's since I was a child and always dine at Lydia's when I am in Butte. Although I read & hear poor reviews regarding the quality of what Lydia's once was versus what it now is I am still a loyal devotee. Their menu has greatly changed over the years but I still I still love their lobster tail (very large & expensive), spaghetti, ravioli & french dressing.
The atmosphere of the venue really needs some improvement though. Looking very tired and depressing.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank denver60
Butte
“Lydia's............ going down hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

My family and I went to Lydia's last night a birthday dinner. I had the jumbo prawns. there was no taste to them, the batter was to thick, and under cooked. The meal was slow in coming, Their famous rav's were thing thin meat, sweet potato's salad, was to creamy, bread sticks a joke, the butter must be in short supply we had ten small cubes for a table of 5. The server was a joke, still mad the sister tipped him. We asked for more rav's (raviolis) which he brought after we were all done. Sad to see it get the way it is now,,, Dave will be rolling over in his grave!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Denis M
Whitehall, mt
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Embarassing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

As Butte native I couldn't wait show off Lydias to my fiancé. I brought him there the first night we were in town. In a nutshell guys, the food was old, stale, undercooked and overcooked. We ordered salmon and could smell it coming from 10 feet away. As other posters mentioned everything else tasted like it came directly from a can or from the back of someone's crisper. I left there embarrassed, sorely disappointed and hungry. What happened to this place?

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank grespite
missoula
“this place is amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

this place is amazing.
you get a good deal and alot of food for your money! come hungry......

you get veggies, cheese, salami, salad main course,ravioli's, fries, sphagetti, ice cream

and the best part if your a local, you can order out the back door.
we bring a pot to get ravioli's they are the best thing.

• Visited February 2012

Been to Lydia's? Share your experiences!