“Classic KOA”
Review of Butte KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Butte
Butte KOA
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We (2 adults, 2 teens) arrived late and tried to butte's KOA with our RV. The lady at the reception was very nice and welcoming. The campground is well maintained and has the whole facilities including WIFI, pool (closed for the season), showers, full hookups ...

Will sure come back

Room Tip: No tip. Everything was fine
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Butte KOA

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have stayed at this KOA many times and I love this place. The staff is more than friendly, and they helped me out with every question I had with a smile on their faces. The bathrooms were very clean. They had a nice dog walk and even a Kamp K9 for my dogs. The pool was warm and they kept it up nicely. I have stayed at this KOA before and they keep improving and doing renovations. Excellent!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

It's a KOA do I didn't expect to be amazed but it's definitely a noisy place. We tent camped and the spots for tents are right up front next to the road. The whole facility is right next to the interstate as well. But as KOAs go, it was fine

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

You don't do to a koa to rough it, we all know that. This particular koa is more urban than some, but this just makes it a convenient jumping-off point for further adventures in the area.

I'm not normally a koa person, usually more of a rugged camper, but as a woman travelling alone with a dog, the koa atmosphere seems safer, somehow.

I rented a kabin, as I had driven 10 hrs that day, and quite enjoyed the sense of roughing it without really depriving myself. This is the second place with kabobs that I have rented, and recommend it for novice campers, or people with families.

The people at the front desk were amazing, the whole place is spotless and there is very little road noise, despite being close to the highway. My only complaint is that there is no porch swing, like at other koas.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I will say that this KOA is a little old and run down, but it is in a good location for exploring the interesting town of Butte. If you have a big rig, be sure and check out your site before you pull in as many of the sites are too small (both length & width). I complained about our site and we were quickly moved to a nice site in the back row which easily accommodated our big rig and our two satellite dishes. I have not been in their bathrooms or laundry. The location is absolutely perfect for seeing Butte and using their bike trails which are directly behind the park. The Butte Information Center is also directly behind the park. It is not your "typical" KOA but it serves the purpose well. there is much to see in this town.

Room Tip: Check your site to be sure it accommodates your needs. If it does not, they will cheerfully allow y...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Bathrooms were in excellent shape. Campground itself in excellent shape. The little cabanas are cozy if you're just passing through and want to rest. The camp sites are small, but it is made for multiple site use. It's just on the edge of town and close to the freeway. I would say it's meant for travelers (like us) breezing through. Though, the town of Butte is crazy-cool!

If you want quiet... and 'roughing it' then go out to the deep woods and bring your bear spray.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I pitched and tent and I'm used to roughing it. However, after using the bathroom and taking a shower here, I felt dirtier than when I walked in. The bathroom showers and shower curtains haven't been cleaned in a month? The walls and partitions in the bathroom are leaning, formica missing from countertops. The tent sites are ten feet apart, you can hear everything your neighbor says. The lady working here ought to spend less time smoking cigarettes and more time cleaning and laying out some better tents sites. This place ranks as the worst KOA I've been to in the western states.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo