“Won't be Back”
Review of Butte KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Butte
Butte KOA
California
“Won't be Back”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The exit to the park, #126 is closed till sometimes in the fall. If you are headed west and don't get off at the one before you have a ten mile drive out of your way. This construction has been going on for over a month. I can't believe they don't e mail or tell you when making reservations. When I asked why they did not do this, the staff got really rude like it was my fault. Also, the sites need lots more gravel. There is hardly any grass. The site was littered with cigar and cigarette butts. No cable, lousy Wifi. There are a few decent size holes as you pull in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Only negatives would be no cable TV and slightly small sites. However the staff made up for that. We had a repair need for our RV and the staff helped us and located a good who came on site and solved our problem. The whole facility is real nice with a good small carry out chicken place on site and convenient to the hwy. We'd come back.

• Stayed June 2013
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I booked a 30 amp electric / water site at the KOA in Butte Montana the day prior to our planned stay.

On arrival, the check-in process was very slow. The KOA agent at the desk apologized repeatedly for the delay, which she said was caused by a trainee mixing up our reservation with that of another Gardner.

I smiled pleasantly and said “no problem”, while thinking “Quit blaming the trainee and wasting my time. Just get the paperwork done so we can get to our spot”.

The agent then mentioned that there was equipment working on the trail to the washroom across from our site and where the alternate washrooms are located.
We finally get the paperwork, and drive to the assigned site.

The equipment is working directly in front of site, blocking it to the extent that we can’t possibly pull our rig through to unhook the truck. The spot is about 40 feet long and our rig totals 50 feet, meaning we must pull all the way in to unhook and park the truck sideways in front of the RV.

Rather than ask the workers to move, I backed the rig out and drove around the campground again and selected from one of the MANY other spots available. I then immediately walked back to the front desk to advise them of our new site selection.

Now there is another agent at the desk. “You CAN’T do that“, the new woman says. “That’s a full hookup, 50 amp site and you only paid for 30 amps, electric and water”.

“OK, so how much more will that site cost?”, I ask.

“Five bucks.”

“OK, so, how about splitting the difference with me, considering the inconvenience caused by putting us in an inappropriate and unusable site?” I suggest.

“CAN’T do that“, KOA rep replies.

“Really? That’s interesting…” I say. “Not to mention the spot was too short”.

“I’ve had 40 foot motorhomes in THAT site”.

I bite my tongue and refrain from explaining that a 34 foot 5th wheel comes with a truck attached and is therefore longer than the site issued.

“OK, so what SUITABLE spots DO you have available?” I ask.

Much humming and hawing goes on between the two women at the desk.

“We could put you in a 30 amp full hookup site for no extra charge”.

“THANK you. That would work.”

Prolonged silence.

“And what site might THAT be?” I ask, prompting them to action.

“You booked online”, the crotchety one says.

By this point, I am feeling frustrated and starting to lose patience with the old biddy. “Uh, and how is THAT now a problem?” I ask.

“The sites are assigned” she said and then gave me the new site number.

I walked back to our rig to see that Ed had already hooked up the water and power. I told him that we had to move, so he unhooked everything. I drove the rig all the way around the campground for the THIRD time to move to the new site which is a mere 8 sites away, in the same row.

FUNNY how they must have ‘forgotten’ to send out the “Thank you, Please Rate Your Stay” email the next day.

UGH.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosalind_Gardner

Travellers are raving about these Butte hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Convenient basic and friendly. Off season so limited services. 2nd stay here and will stay again. Very good for snowbirds with r.v 's going south or returning home in the spring. Would be nice if a washroom was operational as there is no water or sewer in late fall early spring. Just electricity.

Stayed March 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We (2 adults, 2 teens) arrived late and tried to butte's KOA with our RV. The lady at the reception was very nice and welcoming. The campground is well maintained and has the whole facilities including WIFI, pool (closed for the season), showers, full hookups ...

Will sure come back

Room Tip: No tip. Everything was fine