“Very knowledgeable tour guide”
Review of Butte Trolley Tour

Butte Trolley Tour
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Butte
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been on this Trolley Tour 3 or 4 times. My husband and I have a place in Montana and I like to take our visitors on the Trolley. There is a lot of history packed into this small city tour and the guide is extremely knowledgeable. You see some of the oldest parts of town, the Berkeley Mining Pit and you'll hear about some of the politics. You will get some good tips on other places to visit.
The downside is it is a bit expensive (15.00) for an adult and the trolley has hard wooden seats. I wouldn't recommend sitting in the very front as it limits your view.

1  Thank Laurie G

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Chris a local history teacher was our tour guide. Along with the regular explanation of all the attractions we saw, he used his vast knowledge base of the community to entertain us with anecdotes and stories. His love for the community and his passion showed through with every turn and every tid bit he told. His pride in his school kids and their sleep overs in the cabbage patch made me want to go back to school...... I love history and he made it so much fun

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Tours like this are so very dependent upon the tour guide. Ours was just OK--I think the tour has potential, but it isn't something I'd recommend as a MUST DO in Butte

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Per reviews on Trioadvisor my husband and I took the trolley tour and really glad we did. From the moment our trolley guide strapped on his microphone at the beginning of the tour until we disembarked at the end he talked nonstop about the city of Butte and its history. So interesting! The tour takes its tour mainly in what is called "uptown" Butte and includes a stop at the Berkeley Pit. Totally a must do.

1  Thank lenagal29
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Excellent . . . well worth 90 minutes and $15/person. We saw many things we would not have seen otherwise, our guide pointed out numerous places to go visit, and, being a geologist himself, he was exceptionally knowledgeable in answering our questions about load frames, mining, etc. This INCLUDES a visit to the Benjamin Pit Overlook, so you don't need to go there separately.

Make this your first activity in Butte, so you will be more informed in preparing the rest of your trip.

2  Thank KeldiKlutz