“Locally-sourced, organic ingredients!”

The Hummingbird Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Great breakfast and lunch options including plenty of options for those with a vegan, vegetarian, or gluten free diet.
Seattle
“Locally-sourced, organic ingredients!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Me: "So we had breakfast at this place The Hummingbird Cafe...the ingredients are organic and locally-sourced."

Montana Native Co-Worker: "WHAT?! In BUTTE?!"

Folks gotta give Butte credit...this is a fun, historic town to visit, with a lot of dining and sightseeing treasures! The Hummingbird Cafe goes on the dining treasures list. Whereas the service was a bit on the slow side, the bright and airy dining room was very comfortable and I really enjoyed my meal. I got the tofu scramble...with bacon, naturally. The accompanying potatoes were tasty and I really liked the uber-dense rye swirl bread toast. If I'm back in Butte in the future, I'd love to go to the Hummingbird for lunch as their sandwich line-up sounds amazing!

• Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
Etters, Pennsylvania
“Yummy place for lunch”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My daughter is a vegetarian and she loved this place. Very creative selections and organic. Would have eaten there for lunch more than once had we know about it sooner.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Diane w
Missoula, Montana
“Great food...service could use some help”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had lunch for the first time at this café recently, and when my sister and I arrived to meet 2 other folks, we decided we needed a bigger table. The staff had apparently told the early arrivers that this would be fine, but when we got up to move to an empty (dirty) table, several staff members seemingly ignored us as they passed by. We had to ask if someone would clean it, which took at least 10 minutes to occur. We waited likely another 20 minutes before being asked if we were ready to order, and then the place was out of at least 5 common ingredients to their menu.

While the service would make me say I won't return, I did have an excellent lunch and appreciated that the menu had healthy options with half orders available for many items. Because of this, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that it was simply a bad day and try it again, if in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Just right”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

It was tasty small potions but just the right amount I like that no wast and didn't fill like I needed to force myself to finish my meal great little place to go if you are in butte I had the traditional and it was great

• Visited August 2013
MELROSE
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

A friend and I decided to try some place different for breakfast. We both ordered the traditional breakfast with sausage. Of the four eggs, three yokes were broken and there is more sausage on a sausage mcmuffin than what was on both plates. We were getting up to leave when asked if we wanted coffee refills. Will not be going back soon.

Visited August 2013