“Love a Pasty” 4 of 5 bubbles

Joe's Pasty Shop
Ranked #39 of 109 Restaurants in Butte
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Medford, Oregon
“Love a Pasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My mom was born in Butte and my grandfather was a miner there so I have eaten homemade Pastys my whole life. Happened to be passing through Butte recently and could not resist a stop for a Pasty. With some quick research this is the place I selected. Now I have never seen or heard of a Pasty with gravy (will be discussed with Mom) so I had to try one instead of a plain pasty. I was not disappointed,meat, potato, onion and crust, just what I expected and it was delicious covered in the beef gravy. Had the coleslaw as a side and it was good just too soupy for my liking.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Moscow, Idaho
“So,so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had to try it out. A little disappointed. Service was really friendly and nice. Place was clean. Food was so-so. I would try another pasty place next time I'm in town.

Visited May 2014
Seattle
“Pasties!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Last weekend at Joe's was my first time having a pasty, so I suppose I don't have much basis for comparison! Our group hit the Shop for breakfast, and three of us had plain pasties while I got one doused in gravy. It was a tasty, hearty meal--I can see how it kept the miners full! My friends thought their pasties were a bit dry (I didn't have that criticism given the gravy application) but we were all glad to have checked out this important part of Butte cuisine.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jennifer C
Helena, Montana
“Classic Butte”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Not much to look at but worth the visit. Pasties in the Butte way. Meat, potatoes, crust, and gravy. Who needs more? Try the tuna fish sandwich on toast. Wine comes in mini bottles. So quant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lori D
rotherham,england
“Top pasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We got into Butte Saturday afternoon then went downtown not knowing Joe's stay open while 7:00 pm,they are then closed on Sunday so we went and got a couple of pasty before driving down to Salt Lake City,we called in a supermarket and got a tin of chili to have with them when we got to our hotel.They would have been no doubt alot nicer if we had eaten them at Joe's but they were still very tasty and filling.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank royj

Been to Joe's Pasty Shop? Share your experiences!