“Living the dream”

Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Butte
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Adelaide, Australia
“Living the dream”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Growing up in Australia on a diet of American TV shoes, eating in a diner was on my bucket list. Due to the closure of Yellowstone Park last week, I found myself unexpectedly in Butte for a couple of nights and the Holiday Inn directed my colleagues and I across the road to the Hanging 5 diner. Well, from the minute we walked in and Kevin welcomed us, we had a fabulous night. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Fellow diners were friendly and the Bud was flowing. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

• Visited October 2013

Billings, Montana
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We read the reviews on this place and gave it a try. It was nothing to write home about. Just food. Nothing great. Waitress was not friendly and we had to ask for a second cup of coffee. We won't eat there again

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank dse31600
Custer, South Dakota
“Best Breakfast, friendly service, very reasonable price.”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

A few weeks ago, I was forced to stay the night in Butte Montana by the encouragement of my leaking water pump. Needless to say, my mood was less than favorable. Staying at a nearby hotel, I walked to the nearest cafe to eat dinner with my four-year old son. We were greeted by two friendly staff, and we immediately felt welcome and right home. The "decor" feels "homey," and for those who grew up in rural America, we feel right at home with the rough cut western feel of the place. A young guy waited on our table, named...Matthew in Greek, I believe. Can't exactly remember his name, but his kindness toward my son and positive attitude were remembered. He recommended that I order the biscuits and gravy with hash browns and ham. It was fantastic and under 8 bucks. The coffee was great, and the portions were huge. My boy and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, the personability of the staff, and the price. If I lived in Butte, MT, I would eat breakfast there every day. If I ever happen to be driving through again, I will stop for more of the same.

• Visited September 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Was looking for Dennys but found this place.”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stopped in Butte for gas and a quick breakfast and this unique place worked out well. The food was good and the service even better. Still don't know what the Pastys are but maybe next time!

• Visited August 2013
Tisdale
“Montana Pasties!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The service was great, and the montana pasties were to die for!
Great value and good home made meals.

Visited July 2013