“I'm Butte-ing You'll Like This Place.”

Hanging Five Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Butte
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin
“I'm Butte-ing You'll Like This Place.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Unexciting exterior ... and interior. But you're not here for the atmosphere but rather the food. My wife and I stopped here on the way to Missoula one evening just because it was local rather than a chain. Usually that pays off ... as it did this time!

The menu was typical middle American ... not haute cuisine but good hot, appetizing, and filling food. Yes it has a breakfast menu day and night and that's what we chose. My wife had a great omelet that was too HUGE. Must've been about a six egg omelet and she said it was delicious but only got about half of it down. I had the french toast plate including hash browns and two sausage patties. All absolutely excellent particularly the potatoes and sausage.

The single negative was the ice tea. How can ice tea be bad? It was just flat with not much tea taste so we drank the water and enjoyed the food! The price including a good tip ... $23! If we're ever in Butte again we'll be stopping here again!

• Visited July 2014

Eugene, Oregon
“Breakfast was OK”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just had breakfast there, which was OK. It gave us what we need and the staff was friendly. I would say no more for it, but there is nothing wrong with the restaurant if you need a quick meal.

Visited June 2014
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you are in Butte and are looking for a really good breakfast, don't look any further. We had breakfast here the previous year, and it is still as good as described in my earlier review. In the early am hours, this place is packed with locals, which usually is a good sign, and it is true for this restaurant, too.
The portions are bountiful, with very good tasting food: waffles, cinnamon streusel, or regular eggs with bacon, hash browns and pancake.
And they open at 5am, which is very convenient, if you want to leave early, but don't want to miss a hearty breakfast.

• Visited July 2014
Wash. St.
“Diner food with good service”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were staying across the parking lot from the Hanging Five -- this restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel folks. The food was tasty and very reasonable, just like the other reviews said. The service was friendly and speedy. They mostly serve diner food, which I would call "comfort food," but they had a tasty boneless chicken breast that at least made me feel like I was eating healthy! My husband had the prime rib which he thought was delicious -- who woulda thought?!

• Visited June 2014
girdwood
“Good diner”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped by looking for something good and easy. Really happy with what we got. Breakfast all day. My chicken fried steak was so big it came on it's own plate. French dip was good also. Nice stop in Butte.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Hanging Five Restaurant? Share your experiences!