Finlen Hotel and Inn
Super 8 Butte Mt(Butte)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$73
US$64
US$126
Hotwire.com
All reviewsthe main hotellovely old hotelrestaurants and barsghost townoriginal hotelwithin walking distancequeen bedair conditioningthird flooruptownhistorylobbyjfkballroomglorytrumanmontana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked this hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews. As I drove up to the property, I wondered if I had made a mistake. I was quickly checked in the original hotel and made my way to the room.I had requested a room with two beds since I was traveling with a buddy. As I entered the room I saw only one bed. Just as I was about to say a mistake had been made, I realized there was another entire room connected to the first which contained another bed and a second bathroom. In effect, we had a two bedroom suite. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were comfortable. If you ever find yourself in "uptown" Butte, I highly recommend staying at the Finlen.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank MontanaTraveler643
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Finlen Hotel while in Butte and loved the atmosphere of the place. Our room had a tall ceiling, an old-fashioned radiator, and a period bathroom. The lobby is beautiful and a side hall has photos of the famous who stayed there, back in the time when Butte was a more major city. The Finlen is part of Butte's history and we were glad it was open for business, well-maintained, and reasonably-priced. The staff were very helpful in telling us about sights to see on our own walking tour as well as nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kitty4805
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We wanted to give the Finlen a try after reading the reviews and when I called, I was told they only had one room left in the hotel. We arrived after dealing with the road construction down one of the main streets. We are hooked on old hotels, why go for generic when you can have charming. Beautiful lobby and very pleasant receptionist.
Our room on the second floor was huge! It had two bathrooms, but only one shower. Very clean, and good TV on an adjustable wall mount. The shower was an experience, one where you could either laugh or cry depending on your mood! Very tiny, the shower head was tucked up in the corner and my 6' husband didn't have room to bend over and get the washcloth he dropped without exiting the shower first. I have no way of knowing if all the rooms are similarly equipped, but a person of substantial size might want to visit the room before committing to a stay. We felt the pluses more than made up for this inconvenience. A bit of planning could easlly fix this, I'd like to suggest if they had hand held shower nozzles it would alleviate some of the problem.
In any case, we would certainly go bac again, the room was extremely comfortable

Room Tip: See review for information regarding the shower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Head-mama
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I were going to spend the weekend there and wanted to stay in the hotel itself and not the motor lodge and they were full for a wedding. We got a room in the motor lodge which was nice but I really love the hotel. So as soon as there was a room available they let us know and moved us into the hotel.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room there
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trip42plusdogs
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is subjective: had visited Butte number of times before, but never stayed uptown. This time our group of three had a great time, revisiting w/ our friends, while staying at this hotel. Way better than typical generic US place to stay for couple of nights.. Highly recomended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends