“Nice place, except. . . . . .”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butte
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After we got settled into the room, we realized that the howling wind we heard was not from the outside but was whistling through the bathroom vent. It took us about a half hr. to realize we'd never be able to sleep with that, so my husband, being the "fixer" that he is, said we have to tape something over the vent until we need to use the shower in the morning, then we'll take it off. So he went to the main desk, told them about the problem and the room no., got some tape, and did just that. It solved the problem for us, but don't know what the next occupants did. It would seem to me that people cleaning this room might notice that noise as it sounded like the wind whistling through a haunted house. I asked him if they offered to give us a different room, and he said, "no," but we really didn't feel like moving all our stuff anyway.

When I checked out, I did not get a receipt for the $70 I'd paid in addition to my IHG points, which was the rate I'd booked online. I was told that they didn't handle that, and didn't have anything to do with IHG. Huh? It's your rewards club, and you don't have anything to do with it?? I will have to check my credit card statement now to be sure I'm charged correctly as they did give me a receipt for about $27 in "incidental" charges which I didn't know would be tacked on but which they assured me would be removed from my account later. I'm not one who enjoys surprises when I think I have everything booked online, so was surprised at all this. I've used points and partial point bookings from several clubs before and never had these issues.

Good hotel, and generally comfortable. Can't say I'd probably stay here again, however, because of these extraneous issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
brandi d, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butte, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you so much for bringing these issues to our attention. I have visited with our front desk about these issues, and it looks like we have to do some extra training to go over, to make sure our guests services improve. So I am terribly sorry that your stay was so inconvenient. I hope that when you are in Butte again, you will give another chance to earn your business. Again thank you for the review. We greatly appreciate it, as it is the only way we are to improve ourselves.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was a really short stay as a one night stop over on my way home from vacation. We got in late renting 2 rooms, the rooms are new clean and spacious. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The wi-fi worked great, an the breakfast was good. I will definitely stay again, hopefully I can get in earlier to use the pool and see some of the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway if you like quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Awesome!! We are so glad your stay was to your satisfaction. Thanks for posting such a great review. We look forward to your next stay. From all of us at the Holiday Inn Express in Butte Montana.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn locations throughout the Northwest and this location was by far the best! They have done it right at this location. Great food, great room layouts, and great staff. I have stayed at other Hotels in Butte and they all are garbage, rundown, smelly hotels. You will not be disappointed here!

Ernie Gentile

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Wow! Thanks for the wonderful review. We are especially pleased that our staff were good to you. We try extra hard to make sure our guests are comfortable. I know for myself there is nothing better than great guest service. Let us know the next time you stay with us. We would love to put a face to this awesome review, and thank you personally. From all of us at the Holiday Inn Express in Butte Montana.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Great design. Give the designer a bonus. They thought of everything. Super clean and comfortable. Just had a big shower, which we prefer. Good TV and channel selection. People are really nice there. Try The Montana Club a mile or two south on Harrison for good food and drinks.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Actually we will be a year old on July 9th. It has been a lot of fun being able to work at a new hotel that is so beautiful. So we are happy you enjoyed it as much as we have. Thanks for such kind words. Hope to have you again, from all of us at the Holiday Inn Express in Butte Montana.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our stay was so much fun! This trip was set aside for much needed family time. Hotel staff was pleasant upon every encounter. Kayla was super and provided valuable information and service at the front desk! We all went swimming, enjoyed the hot tub, slept in a comfortable bed with awesome pillows and woke up to a great breakfast. My kids asked when we were coming back before we left the lobby. I will recommend this hotel to friends and family especially during high school basketball season.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
brandi d, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butte, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Oh my goodness, so glad to hear that your stay was good. We are also glad that Kayla was so helpful. We certainly appreciate her and will pass this wonderful review on to her. Thanks again and hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Seems very new (smells we anyway)

Check in staff very friendly and common area very attractive and well appointed.

Room was exceptional.

We were lucky an got upgraded to a suite.

This could compete wit many 5 star hotels except for the lack of in hotel restaurants etc but not a problem as there are many eateries very close by

All in all a great HIE stay

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed in this less than one year old hotel for the first time in mid April and were very happy with all aspects. The most important features: comfortable bed, clean room, and decent breakfast were all well met. The staff was friendly and seemed to care about good service.

Stayed: April 2014