“Modern, clean, and awesome view”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butte
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Who does not love walking out the front door and viewing the sun coming up over the mountains!!! Modern, clean, and excellent hospitality. Front desk is knowledgeable on local attractions and restaurants. Friendly greeting every time we walked through the doors.

Had grandma with us and she thought is was outstanding.

Moved my son into Montana Tech and took a short vacation while there. Stayed 5 days and everyone of them was great.

I stay in hotels all week long. I would Highly recommended this hotel.

I already have my room booked for parents weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side view the mountain range.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
brandi d, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butte, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for the great review! We hope that we can impress your family during their future stay with us. Also congratulations, you must be very proud of your son. Montana Tech is a phenomenal school. Hope to see you again, from all of us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Butte Montana.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

First off the customer service there is by far the best, all the lady's working there are so help full and nice. The rooms are nice windows open that was a huge plus for us. Everything was good. Close to stores and food.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed here one night while on vacation with family. I pre-booked a King kids suite with bunk beds. This is a new hotel.

Upon arrival I was greeted by friendly and helpful front desk staff. The hotel was obviously brnad new and showed through it's modern decor, open concept and cleanliness.

The room was spacious. A king bed and another area for the bunk beds. There was a TV and an XBox 360 in the bunk bed area. Another TV was in the king bed area. Extra plug ins at the bedside and on the wall at the bunk bed made charging our device a breeze. The room was equipped with an extra sink area, microwave and fridge. Our room was located at the end of the 2nd floor wallway which made for a very quiet stay.

We made use of the pool & spa which were well maintained and very nice. We also used the fitness center, open 24 hrs. The equipment in the center is all Life Fitness brand (2 treadmills, elliptical, recumbent bike) qith televisions attached to each. There are 5-50lb dumbbells and a bench. A water cooler and towels round out the center. The best and cleanest fitness center I have used in this price range.

The hotel is located within walking distance of restaurants, Walgreen's. There are also gas stations nearby.

The free brekfast was good. There were healthy options as well as items such as biscuits and gravy (I still don't get how people enjoy this for breakfast). The eating area was large and modern.

I will be back the next time I am through this way.

Room Tip: King kids suite is excellent. Ask for a room at the end of the hallways.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
brandi d, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butte, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for the kind review. I.H.G. is currently working on getting more of a variety for our smart start breakfast. So we hope we can accommodate every personality. Hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Express in Butte Montana.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Clean, and very elegant design, almost don't feel this is Holiday Inn Express. Jamie and Terri were great and very welcoming. The room is very spacious. Bathroom has enough towels and very clean. If I ever come back, I'd definitely come here!

Stayed: August 2014

Thanks for the great review. Terri is actually a newer front desk employee, and she has been fabulous. So I will pass on this review to both Terri and Jami. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks from all of us at the Holiday Inn Express in Butte Montana.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This IHG is brand new, and it shows. The service is also outstanding, from the front desk to housekeeping, all were sincerely kind and friendly. On this trip I was fortunate to bring my daughter along and we both appreciated the full compliment of extra linens for the sofa sleeper. Thank you Butte, IHG, I'll be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
brandi d, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butte, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Awesome! Thanks so much! We are so happy that we could make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is very new so it is going to have some teething issues, but they really need to get a grip on the fire alarm, which I noticed mentioned in other reviews.
First off I will say that the rooms are excellent, they are large, clean, and of course have that new room smell to them. I have absolutely no issues with the rooms, was very impressed.
However around 7 am the fire alarm went off. I had been looking forward to a lay in as I had been on the road for 12 hours the previous day, but this spoilt it for me. While a large number of guests evacuated the hotel, it was quite obvious not everybody had - the hotel was full - and not a single member of staff came outside to keep us informed, they also stayed inside. The fire department eventually showed up, turned off the alarm within 30 seconds, and told those of us outside we could go back in, it was clearly not the first time they had had to do this.
The breakfast is absolutely standard for a Holiday Inn, it is no better or worse than any other of the chain's hotels that I have stayed in. As everyone had been woken early, the breakfast area got swamped and they could not keep everything stocked up.

If this hotel sorts out the fire alarm problem - which as I said is one of those annoying bedding in things all new buildings go through - it will be an excellent place to stay in the Butte area, but for now I cannot give it five out of five.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Imazoid
brandi d, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your review. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but we do appreciate your honesty. We have the company that installed the fire alarms coming to correct this issue. We know that the next time you are to stay with us, it will be a much better and quieter stay. Hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town. Thanks so much and safe travels.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Don't stay anywhere else in Butte! We had an awesome night at the Holiday Inn Express. It's a beautiful hotel! The staff was courteous and professional. The rooms were fabulous! Everything about it is wonderful. The breakfast was out of this world!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Wow! Thanks so much! I will pass on the kind words to our staff. Safe travels and hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Butte Montana.