“Best restaurant of the trip... by far.”
Review of Uptown Cafe

Uptown Cafe
Ranked #1 of 110 Restaurants in Butte
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

If you ever happen to be travelling or staying in Butte, you have to eat at the Uptown cafe. The place is very pretty, in uptown Butte and offers a series of super-delicious, elaborated and surprising meals and wines. Besides being one of the most delicious food I have ever had, the prices are very low! Here, you can get a 4-course meal for around 25$! Totally recommended!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Fabulous! This was a delicious four course meal for the price of a good entree in other restaurants. Creative chef, attentive service, nice ambiance. The only thing we did wrong was not getting reservations - we walked in and had to come back in an hour. But it was worth it! What a surprising find in the small town of Butte. Between this restaurant and the Copper King Mansion B&B where we stayed, we were stunned at the treasures Butte has to offer. We were just passing through but honestly my come back just to enjoy Butte!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us both by friends who had visited Butte a month earlier as well as the owner/operator of Toad Hall, where we were staying. We arrived at the Uptown Cafe (free parking on the street in front of the restaurant) while early bird specials were being served. We were welcomed warmly, and our professional waitress treated us very well. I had a flavorful tortellini/sausage soup with a toasted pine nut/cheese ravioli entree and my husband had a delicious shrimp noodle bowl with an organic salad. Everything was fresh and the spices/herbs were perfect. Our bill was around $30! Four touring German adults (different generations), also staying at Toad Hall, arrived later than we and had appetizers, entrees, desserts,wine, drinks, etc. and reported at breakfast that they also were very well pleased.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is a storefront restaurant with unexpected photos of Jazz greats - crisp white table cloths and nice back ground music. The food was plentiful and well done. The servers were attentive and friendly. This is a great place for a special dinner. Good wine list and the desserts were memorable.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had heard great things about the Uptown Cafe and I was pretty excited to eat here. And the multi-course meal truly was great, but I think we went on a bad night. There were two tables of large parties and our server explained to us, once our meal was underway, that the kitchen staff was focusing on one of the larger parties' meals and work work on ours once they were finished. I appreciated the honesty and we tried to be patient as we brought out our handheld devices. However, once things got started again, our waitress told us that the kitchen was opting to prepare food for the second table instead of the rest of us! At that point, I think our frustration began to show and they got food out faster than we expected. And, no, the manager didn't visit our table to apologize and we were not offered any money off or complimentary items for our inconvenience. That would have gone a long way. Management should really learn from that night if they want to have customer service as good as their food. Also, and I realize this is a matter of opinion, but there were two bathrooms and they were both unisex. I hate using the same restroom as men do, and I tend to expect better in a nicer establishment. All in all, a slightly disappointing evening.

Been to Uptown Cafe? Share your experiences!