“Just like Gramma's”

Nancy's Pasty Shop and Catering
Ranked #42 of 114 Restaurants in Butte
Reviewed 19 August 2015

I always say Joe's are like my mom's but Nancy's are like grammy used to make. And grammy was born and raised in Butte. Worth a trip from wherever in Montana you find yourself (even Havre).

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

I have grown up on pasties and Nancy's cocktail pasties are the best in town! The dough is heavenly! Everytime I visit I order at least a dozen. They are a staple at any family dinner, wedding, birthday, etc. I highly recommend them for anyone wanting a great pasty experience!

Reviewed 2 April 2015 via mobile

Makes the best pie crust. The crusts at Nancy's are simply perfection. Not a fan of the ground beef as opposed to the stew meat beef at Joe's but you can overlook certain things when the crust is so good. Not saying the fillings aren't wonderful in their own way but the crust is what makes this place special. Flakey, huge skirts on them, and thick. Cover them with Catsup or brown gravy and call yourself an honorary Butteian...Cocktail pasties are great too. Keep well in coolers for a good days worth of driving at least. Highly suggest slaw with it...Get slaw, gravy, pasty on one forkfull and thank me later..haha

Reviewed 27 September 2014 via mobile

Finding this spot is a bit tough. It's a nondescript place. Once inside you wonder if you made the right choice - there's only counter seating and it's old. So we opted for pasty dinners to go. Great choice. The pastys were huge, moist, full of meat and potatoes with a great baked crust. Plenty of rich brown gravy was served (in a separate container) to go with the pasty. Incredible deal at only $7.50. Better be hungry. A Butte, MT tradition.

1  Thank Capnnak
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We bought two of the pasty meals which easily fed all four of our family. Wonderful rich gravy, chunks of meat in a flaky crust, this was one of the best pasties I've ever had. Would have been nice to have a bit more selection on the pasty menu but we would go back again. You have to search to find Nancy's Pasty Shop but it's worth the search!