“It's off the highway”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Butte
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“It's off the highway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We were traveling across the state and needed a room last minute. Our first choice had nothing available so we came here. Nothing impressive. The layout is kind of weird and it seemed like we had to walk forever to get to the room. The room seemed clean enough but the bathroom seemed so dark that it felt dirty.
The room was warm, it didn't feel like the A/C was working. I dislike hot hotel rooms...one of my biggest complaints.

The lady at the front desk when we checked in didn't seem very pleasant.

I can't comment on the breakfast because it ended at 9am which is ridiculous in my opinion. Someone in our party did go down to grab us something but said they only had some tiny muffins left. We ate one but it tasted stale.

There was road construction so it's hard to say how hard it is usually to get into the hotel from the highway.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bigfork, MT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

I have stayed in hotels all over Montana and I was astounded by the price of this hotel. I have paid 1/2 the price and stayed in much, much nicer hotels than the Days Inn in Butte. Unfortunately, I have discovered that all the Butte hotels seem to be very overpriced, compared to what I can get in Billings or even Bozeman. I decided to only stay here one night because of the cost. Instead, I moved to the Super 8 in Whitehall, which is not a long drive, but saved me 50%. It's basic, but the service is wonderful in Whitehall. This Days Inn smelled unpleasant and the rooms were extremely plain. I've stayed in nicer places in Shelby and other small towns in Montana. I definitely will avoid staying overnight in Butte again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank EchoLakeDenizen

Travellers are raving about these Butte hotels

Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2010

Just about flipped when I found out the mediocre room in oldish motel was a whoppin $129. Questioned manager next morning about the 'jeez it's just a Days Inn' and he was very curt and unpleasant. If you are wondering why I did not make the discovery until the next morning, it is because I did not check in until after 11:00 PM after finding out the Hampton was $27.00 more per night than the Hampton in Missoula....figured. Hey, Days Inn. About the same as a Super 8 where I come from. Holy cow! Besides they only serve their 'breakfast' from 5-9 I expect just so they can limit the takers. What a rip off. Never again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MTgalnotforlong
Frenchtown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2010

ok on surface, average room, however pool was dirty and without any reason or explanation when asked they closed the hot tub (which was not the cleanest). When asked why and if it would be open, no answers. Front desk help on phone and would not get off when kids requested help. When I look for a hotel I look for pool and hot tub and it definitely was a disappointment, especially for the price.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tru9496
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2007

Made the mistake of cutting a few dollars off the cost of an overnight stop, during a trip. Mistake. This hotel is for those who need a place to lay their head with few frills.
Crowded breakfast room, with mediocre food.
Small room with little free space.
The hallways smell musty and awful. Room does not smell fresh, musty also.
Decor feels old.

• Liked — Price I guess - this is an expensive town. Go to Helena for better pricing.
  • Disliked — old decor and musty smell
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tripann
Tacoma, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2004

We stayed at the Butte Days Inn in July 2004. It was an OK place with all the basic amenities. The rooms were clean, but they were showing wear. The pool was so-so. It was cloudy and needed some chemical maintenance. The location was good - just off the highway. The staff was VERY GOOD, perhaps the best I met on my five night trip.

1 Thank twomed1989