“Nice Stay!”
Review of Ninepipes Lodge

Ninepipes Lodge
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Huge king size beds! Spacious rooms, nice staff, good coffee. Price was right for us to stay here- a lodge located between Missoula and Kalispell. Stay here again? If we're in the area...yes! No pool, fitness area, spa...just a basic place to rest and get cleaned up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ral05

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times before. It is the best to be had close to St Ignatius, Mt. The rooms really haven't changed. They are still a bit outdated for today's standards but they are clean. We always ask for rooms on the end away from the bar so we don't have to deal with the noise on Fri & Sat Nite. The change this year was the young lady who was working the desk
when we checked in. Lindsey was such a friendly, helpful young lady. We saw & spoke with her
at the desk the entire weekend. She is a joy. We had dinner Friday nite in the restaurant, the Prime Rib was great. We had Sunday morning Breakfast also in the restaurant & it was very
very good as well. As we understand it the kitchen has a new chef. Our two meals were worth
eating in. If your in the area this would be a good choice to stay.

Room Tip: Unless you are a "nite owl" ask for rooms at the far end of the bar.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Best business trip yet, thanks to the excellent service, food and atmosphere throughout the hotel. Beginning at the lobby you are greeted with a friendly face, clean room and great menu. I would highly recommend the blackened salmon salad. I would go out of my way to stay at this calming and peaceful hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kayla W
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My group just completed a two day retreat at this fabulous facility. We had a beautiful meeting room, fabulous food, great service and nice hotel rooms. The staff at this lodge absolutely knocked themselves out for our group. I will return to Ninepipes without a doubt!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kdzb511
Reviewed 8 July 2013

First off, the people at this lodge are just plain NICE. I had a room with two double beds. The toliet ran the whole time we were there and had to keep the door shut. I was there for a high school reunion and there wasn't a lot of time to worry about not having all the things Sam G talked about in his review. We stayed 4 nights for just under $400 during the 4th of July week.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a small older motel that is in the process of being updated. People are very friendly and it is a realtively good value. Clean, comfortable beds, but nothing fancy. Just your basic motel. WIth a few more basic amenities like routine maintenance to fix and/or replace sinks, more information about the restaurant and expanded hours it could be better.

Room Tip: Try to get on the lake side as the highway side is a bit noisy
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Nightmare.

We planned our wedding in the area and came by to check out the hotel. It looked alright and the rates were reasonable so we decided to have our wedding party stay here. We called three months ahead and reserved six rooms on the mountain side. Fast forward to a week before the wedding and we call to verify the reservation, and they have the rooms under the wrong names, and have given two of the rooms to other guests with the same last name (imagine that at a wedding). The owner promised to make it right, but called back a day later and said that we would just have to share rooms since there was nothing he could do. Also for our trouble, all the rooms that had been reserved were on the highway side now, and no rooms were available on the mountain side.

When we got there, the chef from the restaurant was working the front desk, and he had to go find someone who knew how to check people in. Obvious shortage of staff. When he finally did find someone to check us in, it took about a half an hour to check into the rooms, they had to check into each one individually and run my credit card for it, leading me to believe they are running windows 95 or a similarly advanced computer system.

That evening we went to the bar after rehearsal dinner and had a few drinks, then I headed to bed. Around 2:15 AM one of my groomsmen apparently locked his keys in his room and could not find anyone at the front desk nor on the premises that worked at the hotel to let him into his room or get him a replacement key. He waiting around for 30 minutes, and ultimately ended up sleeping in another room. The next morning he found a manager around 7:30 and asked to be let into his room to get his insulin since he is T1 diabetic. The manager ran his name, and since the room was booked under my name and not the groomsmans, the manager refused to let him in the room.

The groomsman called and woke me up, I had to speak to the manager before he would permit my groomsman back into his room. We discussed the situation and the whole time the manager, Stuart, had a superiority complex and was just plain being a dick.

After all this, the manager and the owner refused to give us even a discount on the room that we had been locked out of all night. I will be filing a chargeback for the room we were locked out of and telling everyone I know about my terrible experience.

Very disappointed, would not recommend and will not be staying here again. Ever.

Room Tip: Absolutely do not stay on the highway side of the hotel. Traffic kept me up all night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Twixle21

Been to Ninepipes Lodge? Share your experiences!