See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Great Northern on our big summer road trip. After driving for hours, it was the perfect place to come to. It had everything we needed and more. Very comfortable, quiet, beautiful bathroom, personal hosts, and an incredible breakfast served in our own little kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I don't have to say much because the other reviewers said it all. We have never stayed in a bed and breakfast before so I can't compare to others. But this is that best place i have ever stayed in. Possibly better than a one bedroom apartment that you live in. Everything about it is wonderful. The smell when you first walk in is just heavenly. I need to find out what she uses to clean! Just a fresh scent that smells natural and not chemical. Second is the sight; it's adorable! The bedroom is very comfy with decor that is stunning. The bathroom is a women's dream come true. With a walk in steam shower and rock benches lining the interior. Oh, and your own little smelltastic shampoo and conditioner. It's like your own little, personal spa. The breakfast is delicious and you pick from her own menu and what time you would like her to bring it in. Very accomodating. And since we brought our young daughter with us she even set up a travel crib in the corner of the bedroom for us. Overall the lady is very nice and friendly. I cannot gush over this enough. Just go there and experience this for yourself. I just wish i had the time to stay there longer!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank js2012Billings
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The hosts here are amazingly friendly and accommodating, you are left to your own devices if that's what you want, you have privacy unheard of in most bed and breakfasts, and you have your own well-appoined, self-contained one bedroom apartment with a kitchenette. This is a strongly recommended stop on the Hi-Line if you're driving across Montana, if you need a night to rest, and if the proprietors here have this apartment to offer. My only quibble would be that the hot water boiler didn't have enough hot water to handle my shower in addition to whatever other demands had been placed upon it before I went to clean up in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2010

If you ever find yourself driving on the very long MT-2 from Medora, ND, to Glacier National Park, Montana, this is a perfect place to stay. It’s only 100 miles east of Glacier, and there’s not much out there other than chain motels; even those are few and far between.

I can honestly say this B&B is the best place I have ever stayed. It’s more than a B&B; it’s a nice house with a big living room, dining area, and kitchen with full frig and microwave. The bedroom has a magnificently comfy overstuffed bed with crisp sheets and comforter. The best is a bathroom to die for. It’s huge with a steam walk-in shower that is wonderful! As someone who pays attention to every detail, I particularly noticed the big, cushy, fluffy towels, and wonderful soaps, shampoos, delicious home-made creams and other items that you would only get in a fancy spa! The place is so clean and fresh and like your own home (only better and cleaner!).

There is full Dish cable with more channels than you can ever watch. The innkeepers keep the place supplied with many books, magazines, and beautiful music CDs to listen to. There is also free wi-fi that’s very fast.

The innkeepers are wonderful. After saying hello to Patty, it seems you have known her your entire life. They are friendly and nice and a pleasure to be around. Her husband Philip came out and greeted us when we drove up.

The best for last: The breakfast. Gourmet doesn’t begin to describe it. Wonderful pancakes with huckleberry jam, espresso, and regular coffee. There were eggs and home-made applesauce and everything was more delicious than the next. Best orange juice I have ever had – and I’m from Florida!! Sure beats a frozen bagel on a Styrofoam plate at a chain hotel!

The price is much less than I have paid for this quality of B&B, and price-comparable to a Holiday Inn that’s an hour farther east. It was $95 a night (May, 2010), and the HI was $100. Extremely reasonable!

I could drone on for hours, but I’m sure you get the idea. You will just have to take my word for it – this is the best place I have stayed. Five stars aren’t nearly enough!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends