“Great location”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Columbia Falls
Appleton, Wi
“Great location”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Had a two bedroom loft condo for one week, close to Glacier National Park. Lots to see and do. Nice place would highly recommend. Visited in late Sept. Weather was not the best but we still had a good time .

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank packrfan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Absolutely beautiful stay in the Villa with two other couples. Great location close to Glacier National Park, on a golf course, nice restaurant, free barbecue with local banjo group. The Villa was luxurious, like new with all amenities one could expect. One of the couples we traveled with rented a condo and their feelings were similar to ours about their condo. Only negative was the metal bed frame was for a larger bed, therefore the box spring and mattress were smaller than the frame which stuck out but was hidden by the comforter. My wife still has the cut on her shin from it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joelelaine
Boston
Reviewed 21 September 2013

There are a couple of small caveats here. The walls seem to be too thick for the internet but too thin to block out noise! Specifically, there was no working internet on the "spa level" of the inn and the crying child in the next room kept me up. On day 2, the staff accommodated my need to be on a webinar (sadly I was working while here) by letting me use the café which was closed, and they moved me to a room with no crying neighbor. Everything else about this place was perfect - very comfortable, peaceful surroundings, fabulous amenities - a family center with large outdoor pool, a spa, an over 18 adult relaxation center with a huge hot tub much bigger than the pool at most hotels. There are condos as well as inn rooms. Some people here say it was expensive but to me it was a great deal for what I got. The spa is also great and compared to big chain hotels the treatments were not expensive. Lots of deer on the property enhanced the atmosphere. Restaurant excellent. Not many breakfast choices but there is a fridge and microwave in the room. I appreciated the staff's helpfulness and I will stay here again when I am next in the area but I will specify that I need a room with working internet!

Room Tip: Go for something not too far from reception if you want internet! The condos are some distance from...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelwriterBoston
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Love, love, love this gorgeous location. My husband and I stayed in a room that backed up to a golf course filled with lots of wildlife. Every time we looked out the windows we saw squirrels, rabbits, birds or deer. The room had a journal filled out from past visitors that gave us ideas on things to do and see in the area. I recommend horseback riding at Lonesome Dove Ranch, riding around Glacier National Park and the National Bison Range. I don't golf but everyone highly recommended it. We came after the snow skiing season ended but we checked out some of the local ski resorts anyway and got some great snow pictures. My husbands' favorite thing was the fishing. We chartered a boat through Flathead Lake Charter Service, I highly recommend this if you love to fish. The owner Jeff did a great job helping us catch the big trout! I would definitely go back to Meadow Lake Resort, hopefully at a different time of the year so we can experience more of what this area has to offer.

• Stayed May 2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Meadow Lake has a hotel with restaurant, coffee house, game room, and spa. Adjacent are the rental/time shares. We were in a studio in building 11 which is modern, clean and well appointed. I recommend the resort for all ages. Indoor and outdoor pool with hot tub plus another fitness area with steam, sauna, giant hot tub for adults only and a very nice fitness room. I recommend the challenging golf course which snakes through the property. Glacier Park is only 15 minutes away and not to be missed! We love the nearby Whitefish Mountain ski area! Plenty of shops, restaurants and bars in Whitefish.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randycoeur
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Just returned from a wonderful and very warm week at Meadow Lake! Fortunate to get the same bungalow (42Z) which is great for a large group. Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, bonus room (loft) above garage, huge kitchen (with island), very large living room and a wrap around deck overlooking the 7th hole. The house is well appointed and the kitchen is well equipped, although we usually bring along some of our own serving trays and dishes. Our family group enjoyed the pool, spa, tennis courts, white water rafting, a day on Whitefish Lake and another at Flathead Lake, as well as a great evening dinner at Truby's. Will we be back? I hope so!

Room Tip: If you are a large group, this house easily accommodates 12 people.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2013

had 4 rooms in the hotel for 2 nights as part of a promotion and then 3 nights in 2 separate
condominiums for 4 groups.Staff were very approachable with excellent recommendations for
alternate dining locally.Rooms were very clean and spacious.Air conditioning was only available in master bedroom in the 2 bedroom condo(have electric heating in the other rooms(no ductwork for airconditioning) so got a little warm even with windows open
golf course very well maintained and operated -saw deer on the course .Interesting holes with many par 5s.Lots to do in area-fishing,golfing, shopping,dining out,farmers markets
Great steam room sauna hot tub for adults only also swimming pool for all ages
Overall great holiday-we'll be back

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Belton Chalet
#3 of 6 in West Glacier
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish

Been to Meadow Lake Resort? Share your experiences!