First of all, this rating is based on the booking issues we encountered, we have NOT stayed at the resort, not yet anyway. We booked through the resorts' website using the 877 number provided. This is a booking agency, not the resort, but that is not unusual. According to the website, there was a 1BR condo available for our July dates. 1st issue was, the price they quoted was higher than the website stated, but we got that ironed out. Next, I was told they would charge the entire amount to my credit card to book, while their website stated that two nights rental was required to book. Not a huge deal, but not what they were selling on their website. After completing the booking process, we received our confirmation email, which is where the real issues began. The email went on to describe additional charges at check-in.. like resort fees? Then a paragraph that stated that they would make 'every effort' not to move us during our stay. Move us ?! After two phone calls back to the booking agency, and a phone call directly to the resort, I was told that there was no guarantee that we would stay in one condo for our entire stay, because we may be subject to timeshare owners blocking out time. While I WAS aware that the resort had timeshares, I thought that 1 week available for a 1 BR condo, meant just that. I asked them where I could find that information on their website, anywhere.. and their answer was, that it wasn't on there. End result was, we cancelled the booking.
If you want all the money up front, put that information on your website. If there's a chance that you will be moved during your rental, be honest and disclose that on your website when someone is getting ready to book it At least a person can make a conscious decision about the agreement they are getting into BEFORE paying for it, instead of after. The person that I spoke with at the resort said that although they couldn't disagree with the points I brought up, it was just the reality of how they book rentals.
In the end, we found a private owner that rents their own units, outside of the resort booking process. Book a condo, stay at thay condo, that's all we wanted in the first place, but the resort booking could not promise us that, so.. be aware !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This facility offers mid-level accomodations and a golf course amid a forest setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Meadow Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadow Lake Hotel Columbia Falls
- Meadow Lake Columbia Falls
- Meadow Lake Resort Columbia Falls, Montana