“Forget the other reviews,this is great”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia Falls
Columbia Falls RV Park
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I always wonder where some reviews come from. If they are completely opposite mine I take a look at the number of reviews the people have posted. It looks like the three negative reviews on this park have two reviews each. This is a great park!!! Yes it is close to the highway. We were on the row facing it and it was not that badand did not notice it after dark. The roads are not that tight. If the other people have been in some KOA"s they would know what tight is. The Wifi was terrific, I always was able to get on during our weeks stay. No drunk visitors after 10pm is FANTASTIC. The staff here is some of the best we have seen in our nine month trip and have stayed in over 35 parks. You could stay closer to Glacier as this park is about fifteen minutes away. But Columbia Falls has two major grocery stores, lots of restaurants and other stores. For a great park with grass in between sites (real thick grass, unlike a lot of parks where you see more dirt than grass) the price is fair. I am sure you could save a few dollars but most times you give up a lot to get that. We will be here again and we will post this on other sites. Posted by grinandbrakeit.com

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KegMaster

Reviewed 7 July 2013

To anyone visiting family or friends in this area, please be advised that the rule you read on your way in (the no visitors after 10 pm one) is so tightly enforced that the owner will come tell you that they must leave if it is after the posted time.

I am in my 60s and a non drinker, non party, person with a strict set of self behavior rules. My wife and I are visiting relatives here and one of our loved ones stopped by to tell us about some events that are on going. We were inside our RV for a short time when the owner came knocking on our door (shortly after 10 pm) and embarrassed us with a stern reprimand for breaking the rules. I will add that it is Saturday night and we were not the only guests who had company beyond the 10 pm time...but the owner "saw our guest arrive", so we were targeted.

This is a nice location, being so close to Glacier Park, but it is not ideal in the aspect of quiet for the same reason...it is so close to Glacier Park and the highway goes right beside this RV park. The owner's only control is to make his guests be quiet. Don't get me wrong, I like a quiet RV park and I appreciate rules, but this owner has a confused understanding of regulation by acting like a lawman with a harsh dictatorial demeanor. In short...the owners have poor customer service skills. My guests were here for a very short time and were very quiet (I doubt that anyone in this park heard them come in or leave) and they were told to leave. I, like them, will only be here for a short time and I too will not return.

This happened a few hours ago and if it were not so late at night, I would leave now. I am so upset that I can't go to sleep. The train whistle may keep some guests from a good night's sleep, not me...I don't mind that...but a bully attitude does have an effect on my ability to rest. Nice...pay to feel badly...my advise would be to keep looking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Garrison P
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We thought that this was way over priced for a small, congested park. Has grassy sites but very narrow streets between rows of closely placed spaces with almost no shade trees. I would not want to come in here w a 45' coach. Most negative is that it is directly below the highway and consequently noisy from traffic going bye!

They advertise that it is overlooking a beautiful valley and the river - but this park has NO VIEWS!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank swansnest1
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This RV park by far had the worst customer service we have seen since RVing full time 2 years ago.
Here are the issues that we had while at this RV park:
1. We traveled here with 2 other full time families and one of the families has 9 kids (and yes, they are all their own) and they were going to make the family split their children up and have their children stay with us and the other family because they do not allow over 6 people per site. No exceptions.
2. They also charge for additional children over 12yo that are staying on the site. Not a big deal…. If it was disclosed.
3. While checking in, they charged me for our friends kids even after they already paid. The problem was resolved after about a 10 minute conversation in the office.
4. Their pet policy is very stern and vague at times and we made the reservation and told them that we had a Boxer-Mastiff puppy. However after we got there, they said that I did not tell them this and that Mastiff dogs are aggressive and I would have to leave. Nowhere on their site does it state anything about Mastiff dogs not being allowed, only Pit-Bulls.
5. When discussing the dog issue with the woman owner, she told me that it was my mistake and that she did nothing wrong when taking the reservation. She was also very snotty and condescending at times.
6. We were told that we would have to leave immediately and that we had 30 minutes to vacate the property or the police would be called. However, most RVers know that it is very hard to close up a Class A, disconnect, and hook up a tow vehicle in this time. It ended up taking us about an hour to pack up correctly, and yes…. The police were called, but were extremely nice about the whole situation.
7. Their policies say that they can tell you to leave at any point in time during their stay for any reason that they feel. That does not exactly make for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Your RV could also be towed away without your consent for multiple reasons. Check out their website and you’ll know what I mean.
8. The 2 other families that we met at this campground wanted to leave also because we were meeting here for a week vacation and it would not make sense if we were to be in one location and they would be in another. The owner was furious to say the least when the two other families asked for a refund. The woman owner said that they would keep their money for the week stay that we were planning. Only after about an hour of negations after the police showed up did she actually concede to give them their money back.

The moral of this story is that this whole situation could have been avoided multiple times by the owner/s having basic customer service skills. They could have taken the correct information during the reservation and if they still messed that up, they could have said to us…. Sorry for our mistake but your dog is not allowed here. Let me help you find another park that can accommodate you and your friends. It’s sad when someone owns a business and does not have even the smallest amount of customer service skills. This is not a good park to go to if you have any types of pets or children. By seeing their attitudes, this should be a 55+ resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank reay21
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Extremely clean and well run park. Owners are on site and involved in the daily management of the park. Close to many good restaurants in Columbia Falls as well as all of the attractions this area has to offer. I would definitely put this park at the top of my list.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Hokiewheels
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We chose this RV park for our week stay because of its proximity to Glacier National Park. We found it very clean and well run with sites large enough to easily accommodate our big rig. The sites are long and flat with a concrete pad for the picnic table. The grass is well kept. There is butcher shop next door that sells great ground bison for burgers! This will be our destination every time we head to Glacier.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FreedomBus
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Spent 2 nights here before moving to a KOA. Not our style of camping, we like trees and fire pits, but for an RV park I think it was ok. It was reasonably priced and had full services. The staff was very friendly. Only a minute from the big sky waterslides and meadowlake golf course. Over all good place to camp.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 4 in Hungry Horse
North Forty Resort
North Forty Resort
#3 of 5 in Columbia Falls

Been to Columbia Falls RV Park? Share your experiences!