There were so many things wrong with this place, but most telling should have been the line on the receipt that said "$25 housekeeping charge if you check out after 30 min" ! If you have to put that in writing, it's obviously something that's been done repeatedly! This place was not what we surmised from the website, and was dirty and overpriced.
As another reviewer mentioned, when we checked in and tried to put the room charge on a different credit card, we were told there would be a $5 fee since it had already been charged to the card used for booking. Is that even legal!?
We booked this motel because it appeared from their website that it was somewhat of a rural location and rustic accomodation which we were looking for, and since we were travelling with a dog as well, we thought it would be ideal for us. Reality is it's an old motel albeit with a bit of a facelift, squished between a 4 lane highway and a rundown trailer court. We brought food to BBQ, banking on the advertised BBQ "pavillion", which consisted of four very small, very dirty campground type grills, full of used charcoal in a small dirt pit - but hey, it had a roof. The man at the desk assured us that they were happy to provide the facilities for us but we had to go down the road to the gas station and get our own briquets - no mention of the sand blaster it would have required to clean it first. We resigned ourselves to cooking steak in the frying pan in our room - except I had to wash it first as there was so much grease in the pan that I could literally write my name in it! When I pulled out the steak knives there was little bits of ? that I had to chip off after a good soak - needless to say I washed everything before we used it. I actually took a picture of the bathmat because I couldnt believe they were for real - it was the size of a facecloth and had the texture of an old cleaning cloth.........wait a minute, maybe it was the cleaning cloth! Everything about the place looked cheap and felt dirty. If we had chosen to stay at a 'cheap' motel, I could have lived with it, but they certainly arent charging cheap rates and the website, in my mind at least, gives a false impression of what the place is like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dog friendly Glacier Park Motel & Campground offers budget lodging in guest suites for 1-6, as well as camping with full hook-up RVs, tent lots, camping cabins and even tipis! Located only 12 miles from the West Entrance of Glacier National Park and across the street from Big Sky Waterslides, it is a great homebase for travelers. Property amenities include Coffee & Muffin Bar, Miniature Golf, 24-hour laundromat, BBQ pavilion, horseshoes and badmitton June-September. Top this with great staff who really care about providing you with information to enjoy the local activities and Glacier National Park, this business believes in Customer Service and goes out of its way to make sure your western visit is a pleasant, memorable one. Why stay anywhere else? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Western Inn - Glacier Park Motel and Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glacier Park Motel And Campground Hotel Columbia Falls
- Western Inn - Glacier Park Motel And Campground Columbia Falls, Montana