We've never been to the area and tend to go with "brand" hotels, but this one had a slightly better rate than the Super 8 across the road so gave it a try. Wow, what a little gem! First, the staff were all so friendly, really made us feel welcome. Our room was a king with a full kitchen. And the real plus, the plasma cable TV! (Yes, we are 'those people' who need a TV. All of the motels in Glacier National Park were twice as expensive and no TV). The proximity to the Park was a real plus for us as we had a day hike planned and didn't want to trek all the way to Kalispell.
There is a nice continental breakfast in the morning and they even have a Keurig, which was great since there is no Starbucks within 30 miles :) Creature comforts are important! They were also really helpful at suggesting places for dinner and to get gas. There are no hairdryers in the room but you can check one out from the desk, as well as videos and mini golf equipment.
From the front, it's just a basic motel and you might drive by, but don't! We definitely recommend a try and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dog friendly Glacier Park Motel & Campground offers budget lodging in guest suites for 1-6, as well as camping with full hook-up RVs, tent lots, camping cabins and even tipis! Located only 12 miles from the West Entrance of Glacier National Park and across the street from Big Sky Waterslides, it is a great homebase for travelers. Property amenities include Coffee & Muffin Bar, Miniature Golf, 24-hour laundromat, BBQ pavilion, horseshoes and badmitton June-September. Top this with great staff who really care about providing you with information to enjoy the local activities and Glacier National Park, this business believes in Customer Service and goes out of its way to make sure your western visit is a pleasant, memorable one. Why stay anywhere else? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Western Inn - Glacier Park Motel and Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glacier Park Motel And Campground Hotel Columbia Falls
- Western Inn - Glacier Park Motel And Campground Columbia Falls, Montana