“Review of Rodeo Only”

Blue Moon Nite Club
Vass, North Carolina
“Review of Rodeo Only”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

On our recent visit to Montana my wife and I visited the Blue Moon rodeo grounds on Saturday evening for the heritage days rodeo.

The rodeo was a good time. if you have never been, I would highly recommend you go and watch the Cowboys and cowgirls compete.

Local rodeos are my favorite because they are very young competitors 15 on up and are really trying hard to do well.

I highly recommend attending a rodeo at the blue moon rodeo grounds.

“Worse place ever”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Worse food worse pple worse bar ive ever been to.. they wouldnt know a real bar if it hit them in face.. wouldnt a real drink if it was spit on them.. not a real country bar at all its a wannabe. . Id never go back again..

Orlando FL
“BAD KARMA! DON'T GIVE YOUR BUSINESS IMO”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

BAD KARMA!! Please read the whole story before you go!
!) misrepresented- told on the phone specifically that it was a country bar with line dancing- the band was pretty good but ignored the crowd (not us!) who multiple times asked for country music
2) it was our server's first night. Katie, was very attentive and tried very very hard to keep us happy
BUT THEN!!!!!!
WHEN WE GOT THE BILL THERE WAS NO WHERE TO ADD A TIP?!! Seriously! NO TIP LINE!!!! As a former server AND restaurant owner in Orlando Florida I was absolutely shocked and mortified when not only was there no where to write in a tip if you paid with a credit card but that when I asked about it and was told by the bartender (not the server) "I don't know, ask the owner"... so I did, and she absolutely did not give a, please pardon my language but I'm livid, F###, that her young hard working server, would not get a tip if I did not have any cash. She was soused and shrieked that it was my problem and I explained that no actually it was the server's problem and I was pretty sure that it's straight up illegal. I then asked how much their staff was paid and she said I would have to ask her husband. I told her that they were taking advantage of this girl and that I had never seen such a thing before. She was very drunk and very belligerent and went on to explain that since most of their tips were cash and they were responsible for reporting them themselves that it was between them and the IRS (insinuating that they were not reporting their income- thereby justifying her guilt). First order of business for me at the beginning of the week is to get to the bottom of what is and isn't legal here in Montana. That sh.. would NOT fly in Orlando. Professional servers would NEVER tolerate it.
BOTTOM LINE, this owner, with her vile uncaring attitude, does not deserve to have new customers and if I can hold their feet to the fire to do right by their employees I intend to. I am so disgusted I could spit. How can they sleep at night? So wrong. I just don't get it. On our way out I apologized profusely to our server and told her straight up that I believe that she is being illegally taken advantage of and deserves better treatment. Not sure how we'll make it right by her. SMH

Visited June 2014
3 Thank rhondarecreates
“Good service, minor with fishing pole after midnight sucks!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was enjoying my drinking with wonderful people until a kid, maybe ten after one am was in the bar messing with people. Pretty rotten that two girls spent a lot of money at a "cool" cowboy bar to have it ruined by a kid! Literally maybe ten years old. Dbeing generous. Get out before 9 pm..,even with the rodeo. Hot cowboys but the owner gives his son a fishing pole after twelve to mess with adults, one a veteran. I'm now sticking with bars in kalispell or Martin city...no hot cowboy is worth the price or humiliation I suffered at the hands of a child and fishing pole after midnight I was subjected to. Outrageous!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank ladydeflora
Brisbane
“Skip the food!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We decided to go to the Rodeo that the Blue Moon conduct every Thursday night. We arrived at the restaurant / bar and ordered a couple of burgers from the extremely limited menu - only choices were a hamburger or beer battered fish. We waited over an hour and a half for our meals to arrive and by the time they did it was too late to go to the rodeo. We asked the bar staff a couple of times when our meals would arrive and were told that they were having a few troubles in the kitchen and they needed to get someone else in to help out. Really - how hard is it to cook a meat patty?? We were not the only disgruntled customers - another table left 3/4 of their meals because they were burnt!! Another party received their meals spasmodically - the first person had finished their meal before others even received theirs.

To say we were disappointed would be an understatement not only because of the poor service but also because we missed the rodeo.

• Visited July 2013