“Great Food, Very Slow Service!”

Back Room of The Nite Owl
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our family recently ate here for supper, while vacationing in the area. While the food was delicious (you must try the fry bread!), it took over an hour and a half to get our food. We were told this was due to a large to-go order that had been placed. On a positive note, there was a magician walking around doing table side magic and the adults and teenagers alike in our group had a fantastic time watching the tricks!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

You have to look carefully to find this place. It is behind the Nite Owl - the locals know it and the parking lot was full. Great ribs, baked beans and fry bread

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the backroom based on the reviews. At first I was not sure, there is not much overhead and it took a bit for someone to wait on us. However, when we were seated our server, Daphne was wonderful. I wanted the rotisserie chicken but they were out so I decided to try the breasted. the chicken was moist and flavorful, the trimmings included baked beans, coleslaw, roasted red potatoes and fry bread. The fry bread was really good, like an unsweetened donut. They had a honey butter that was very good with the fry bread. My daughter had the steak and husband the pizza and both said their meal was good.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

$11 for a meal. Great food at a great price.

It was recommended by the folks at the north american rv park.

We will be back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a surprise to find such good BBQ in the Rockies! And the portions will blow you away (or blow you up). I had the combo platter of chicken and spare ribs. The order consisted of a leg and thigh (you can get the wing and breast) 3 spare ribs, fried bread with honey butter (oh my), coleslaw, baked beans and two small red potatoes. It was incredible. There BBQ is excellent and available for sale. I now wish I had bought some. I sat at the counter and was served by Vance. Vance was born there and knows the area as well as he knows his beers! This is not a tourist trap. This place is a local favorite and the interactions with the staff will confirm that. They do not take reservations. I went there around 6 and there was no waiting. I was the only one at the counter but I could see the large TV and World Cup Soccer from where I sat. They also have a take away section if you want to bring your food back to your hotel room.

1  Thank Greg S