“Great Food for a Reasonable Price”

Back Room of The Nite Owl
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 15 August 2014

At the recommendation of long-time local residents we stopped into The Back Room Restaurant following a day in Glacier Park and found it is a must for anyone wanting a great meal at a reasonable price. Their specialty is BBQ ribs (cooked over a charcoal grill), chicken, and pizza. Another hit with us was their fried bread . . . great with honey and butter. Both my son and I ordered the ¼ chicken with ribs . . . I had the spare ribs, my son had the country ribs. IMHO the spare ribs were some of the best I've ever had . . . superior to the country ribs, with a great charcoal flavor. Although their charcoal-fired pizza was also recommended, we stuck to Montana flair, leaving the pizza to others. The meal was very sufficient . . . my 18 year-old could not finish his, and that is saying something!

Some may say the wait was long; I say it was to be expected for food this good. Oh, and as the name says, it is the Back Room . . . attached out front is the Nite Owl . . . a sister restaurant that could confuse the novice.

1  Thank Scott H

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had heard the wait could be as much as an hour before one's food order hits the table before we gave it a try last week. The parking lot was packed (everynight we were in town) and the line to get seated was10-15 minutes long and our food order took about 45 minutes, so our experience was dead-on the 1 hour wait.
The food was EXCELLENT and the portions were large. We had all 3 pork ribs, chicken, beef and a salad at our table, so I can tell you all of it was done very well. We had several boxes of food to take home and we enjoyed the left overs another night. Great food and service....go expecting long waits and you will not be disappointed! A+++

Reviewed 10 August 2014

They have the best fry bed! We all enjoyed our meals and this place is very busy so expect a 15 + wait but it is worth it!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We split an order and it was more than enough. Lots of food. The staff was kind and helpful. It was really busy which tells us that the food is always great. Will go here again for sure.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We dined here twice while on vacation near Glacier Park. Both times the food and service were excellent! My husband had the ribs and I had the chicken. The fry bread was delicious as well. The servers were friendly and the service was good especially considering the place is so popular and very busy!