“What a great property and what a great story!”

Bad Rock Bed and Breakfast
Historic Route 7A Manchester, VT.
“What a great property and what a great story!”
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Mark (and Serena) have done an incredible job with this property. They don't stop improving and adding amenities for their guests. I came through on a solo bike ride across country so I was not able to enjoy all that they offer their guests, but as Mark walked me around (I too am a Bed and Breakfast owner) showing the property I was amazed at all the guests have at their disposal to insure their stay is all they want it to be.
I also have to say that Mark and Serena's story is quite interesting and one that is definately entertaining.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I can not say enough about the hospitality that was provided to me during my stay. I would definately return to The Bad Rock B&B, but next time I'll be in a car versus on a bike! thank you mark and Serena...it was a pleasure to meet you both and to share stories!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We stayed with Mark and Serena for two nights at the beginning of May and although we live a long way away (in the UK) we would love to visit again. Our guest "cottage" had all that we would require plus more - it was truly a home for home.
The breakfasts were exceptiona, cooked fresh by Mark.
Mark and Serena were so helpful and did everything they could to make us comfortable and relaxed.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Bad Rock B&B to everyone - a must stay if you are near Glacier National Park.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Montana
Reviewed 14 October 2009

The Badrock B and B has to be one of the best places in Montana! The accomodations are lovely, immaculate and very appropriate for this beautiful part of the country with the decor, extras (such as backpacks, water bottles, etc.) and the knowledge of Mark and Serena, the owners, about the Flathead/Glacier area. We came to Columbia Falls to visit family as a group....had visiting relatives from Sweden. The breakfast was gourmet and the atmosphere so homey. Really felt invited into this warm lovely home with wonderful hosts. Our rooms were lovely, private, quiet, well supplied and had very fine "Montana" ambience which we enjoyed. There is even a very nice gym available to help keep one in shape while on vacation. Wildlife was plentiful with many deer coming to find any fall apples left on the ground, bald eagles flying high in the sky coming from the Flathead River, lovely views of Columbia Mountain (even had an early snowstorm that covered the peaks in a soft white blanket). This is THE place we would recommend to anyone traveling to this area. Very accomodating owners!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I need to go on vacation every so often so the many balls I am trying to juggle-mostly without success-can all land, I can declare disaster, and then forecast redemption, upon my return from vacation. I kick all the balls under the desk, declare a vacation is afoot and hope I don't trip on the balls as I go out of the room. I also leave at an odd time for fear that someone might ask me where the two of us are going. Truth be told, I have no idea right up until I hear the jet engines. That explains why we took this trip and why I comment on this fine B&B in a "look back."

We are two 50 somethings from Connecticut who decided at the last minute to go to Montana. The Northeast-all of it-is home and Colorado is a state we are very familiar with. We looked at beaching in October but ended up in Montana, Glacier-Yellowstone and a lot of points in between.

Yes, it was great, Montana is a well kept secret from us Northeasterners who think of Montana as just left of the North Pole. Its really a larger Vermont thirty years ago. Beautiful, great people, incredible outdoors with an innocence that only pre-development allows.

Here we are, singing the praises of the Bad Rock B&B. We simply found them on the internet after searching Barbados. Yes, we are that impulsive; the greatest plug we can bestow on this B&B is that if they were closer we'd want to move in. If you understand "guilty pleasure" or "they thought of everything" you'd get the picture.

Good B&Bs tend to draw interesting and pleasant guests, so we had that, too-come to think of it the other guests surely put us in the same category. The food is superlative, rooms excellent and overall experience a solid A. The owners Mark and Serena Jackson have knowledge of the area that is topnotch; when offered guidebooks--even bear spray if we wanted it--we knew we were on to something special. There is talent and passion here; the B&B is a diamond in the rough.

In this comment, I will let the others reviewers give you the content, suffice it to say when the budding B&B owner/dreamers amongst you want to see how its done-on a small scale, mind you-here it is.

You won't have a million dollar view or a kitchen in your room and you won't be walking to feature restaurants but that doesn't hold a candle to passion, pride in ownership and genuine interest in their guests as well as a comfortable, private room worthy of tired travelers.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Pfafftown
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We stayed 3 nights at this beautiful B&B set at the base of a mountain. It was just like being home because of all the options available to you. (laundry facilities, game room, den, kitchen, bar, patio,etc). The wild life was plentiful without even leaving the premises. The morning breakfast was not of the ordinary. You will think a chef is preparing your unique breakfast meal. Whether you stay in the main house or one of the detached cottages you will find everything beautifully decorated to accent the nature environment. There is a lovely landscaped patio to sit and relax or read a book. The owner makes a great host and is readily available to you for local information or just general conversation. From this location you are near Glacier Falls, Yellowstone and other parks of interest. I would definitely rated this a 4 star experience.

Olin, NC
Reviewed 12 September 2009

We had reservations at the Bad Rock Bed & Breakfast for Aug. 27th and 28th. It was such a wonderful place to relax, the breakfast was so gooood that we stayed another night. (we were lucky that he had room for us to stay another night.) Mark & Serena Jackson, the owners were so gracious and Mark gave us many tips on where to go and what to see and good places to eat. Mark always found time to sit and chat with us after we had spent the day sight seeing. Snacks were always available and good. They are definately the Host With The Most. The bedrooms were so spacious and nicely furnished. We would go back there and stay in a heart beat. We are still talking about our time there.

Arizona
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We were very surprised because all of the raves about Bad Rock were true. Our room was very large and well appointed. Mark's breakfasts were outstanding and he has thought of everything to help his guests.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
#2 of 7 in Columbia Falls
North Forty Resort
North Forty Resort
#2 of 4 in Columbia Falls

Been to Bad Rock Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!