“What a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Super 8 Columbus

Super 8 Columbus
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Luleå, Sweden
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I loved my stay at super 8 columbus. The room was spacious and cleverly furnished with sofa, coffee table, suitcase stand, etc. As I was doing site work a local business, I had a lot of stuff with me, but I somehow found room for it all.
Housekeeping staff was amazing.
Reception was also great, they helped me when my suitcase arrived from the Billings airport delivery service.
Wifi was pretty good, not blazing fast but good enough, and I had 3 routers within reach from my room.
Breakfast area was really small, almost comically. In-Room coffee was terrible, and I doubled up on the packages to make it drinkable.
The best part of my stay was when my colleague came down and we chilled out and drank a beer on the sofa. It felt very nice to have a room where chillin out came naturally.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
KimberlyN461, General Manager at Super 8 Columbus, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working on up grading our WIFI so it will be a little faster. I am glad we were able to help you with your suitcase. We hope to see you again. Have a wonderful Day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pierre
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Comfortable and clean---wonderful staff. They answered questions about the area and how to find our destination. Checkout was super smooth. If we are overnighting in Columbus in the future we will certainly stay at the Super 8 again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for writing such a good review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The make your own waffles were a real treat, the bed was very comfortable and when we woke up to discover a very flat tire, the staff went above and beyond to help us. They are exceptionally pleasant and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again! We appreciated the free wifi and there is a computer with a printer in the lobby that guests may use.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a queen bed and sleeper sofa and the room was pretty spacious. Some of the room...
Green Features: Non smoking hotel, they encourage you to reuse towels, etc.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that my staff was able to help you with your flat tire. We always try to go above and beyond for every guest that stays with us. We look forward to seeing you again. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The people on site where great helpful and courteous. Room was clean and crisp. But some ludite accountant responsible for the television enjoyment experience at this location and the one in \Helena MT and probably a whole lot more Super 8's decided to change all the remote controls to dumbed down cheaper ones that won't allow you to utilize the HDMI inputs that are built into the tv. The control has even been disabled on the one in Columbus MT on the television itself. The run down super Helena location at least still had an \HDMI control on the tv itself.
That means no hooking up your mobile to watch your pictures, movies or even netflix on your Chromecast dongle!
Goodbye Super8 and probably all affiliates with the same policy. I for one will vote with my feet! 7 more days on the road and no more Super8's!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
I want to thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and your room. I am truly sorry that you were unable to enjoy the HDMI on our TV's. We switched to the clean remotes which are 99% cleaner then a standard remote which holds germs in all of the buttons. As you may not know this each Super 8 is independently owned and each property is different. We did go down and check the TV in the room that you had stayed in got the buttons fixed on the side of the TV. We do now have the remotes down at the front desk if needed. I do hope that you will give us another chance to WOW you. We hope to see you again. Have a wonderful day!!
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2014

For a second year, we have stayed at the Columbus, MT Super 8 Motel while traveling out west from Michigan. We have found this motel on both stays to be very clean and the staff to be most courteous and professional. We highly recommend staying at this facility.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us again on your trip. We hope to see you again. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Have a wonderful day!

Been to Super 8 Columbus? Share your experiences!