“perfect for my needs”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbus
Riverside Guest Cabins
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I needed a place to stay and get some work done for a few days while my daughter was at camp in Fishtail. My little cabin was clean and had just what I needed : a fridge and microwave for food prep, a table for my work space, a very comfortable bed and good lighting too. A/C when necessary and a window that opened for fresh air. The internet was fast and didn't go down once in the four days I was here. It was quiet in my cabin--the trains are indeed loud but this is definitely a train-dominated town and there's no getting away from them. Laurette is kind, helpful, and seems to have a good sense of what her guests need. I highly recommend Riverside Guest Cabins.

Room Tip: The further back you are from the road/train tracks the quieter it will be.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne B

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The Riverside Guest Cabins are wonderful, the cabins are clean and full of character. Just across the road is the beautiful river. The last review was spot on, so what more can I say? We felt so welcomed and at home. Thanks so much for everything Laurette! Special thanks to Dan, you really are so kind and we are proud to have met you and Laurette both. Hope to see you again sometime!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed 3 June 2012

These little cabins by the Yellowstone River are an absolute gem and now one of our most treasured travel finds ever! The place is dripping with character and home town flavor. I can't say enough good about Ms. Laurette, who owns the place. She treated us as if we were old friends come to visit from the moment we arrived and was as sweet as one could ask a grandmother to be to our children. Everything we, or they, asked for was produced in a snap. The rooms were clean as a pin, smelled fresh as spring, and the beds slept better than home. The place is not the Hilton but has charm that the Hilton will never possess. I highly recommend the Riverside Cabins to anyone who appreciates exceptional service and an old fashioned great deal.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Baby B
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stopped at Git's Big Sky Motel on a recon trip. While I was checking in, Hanser's tow truck driver showed up towing a car and with a family of in his truck. 2 of the family members had just gotten out of the hospital after serious surgery. Their car had broken down on their way home. Git's staff dropped everything and helped the tow truck driver move heaven and earth to help take care of this family. I'm sure no one got any extra financial benefit from it. It was just the kind of people they are to treat people like this. Later I asked them if they could recommend a place I could rent on a monthly basis for a few months. They suggested Riverside Cabins. I found the same values of western rural neighborliness. I am moved to deep gratitude to have the oppurtunity to sojourn wth such people. But don't think neighborly means pushover. The cabins are rustc and simple, but the owner has bent over backwards to help me make it comfortable for my needs. I've also been privledged to meet the ordinary working people who come and go on their seasonal business. Many have shown the same western rural neighborliness.

Room Tip: Economy cabins share a bathroom, shower cabin that is across the yard. If you want a cabin with a p...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Julie J
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Nothing fancy, but a lot of character. The night I stayed (11 July) was peaceful. I think one train rumbled by around dawn, but it wasn't really that loud. I appreciated being able to park right outside the door of the cabin.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LoneGuzzi
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed here for one night because we were doing some business north of Columbus. My husband thought it would be fun to stay somewhere with local color. When we arrived, there was a note on the office door for us saying that the cabins were open, back soon. There were young boys running amok, no adult in sight. We looked at the cabins and left to so some errands. We returned about an hour later and still no owner. This time there were a few questionable adults smoking outside. We left again to find a place for dinner. When we returned at about 9, the owner still hadn't returned, but the place was quiet. We were quite worried about the owner since in the note she had said she'd be back soon but we opted to go to bed.
This place may be called riverside but between the river and the cabins is a highway and a train track where freight trains rumble down about every hour all night long. The noise, combined with the uneasiness of the place in general, provided a very unrestful sleep. The cabin was relatively clean but everything was very old. The towels and sheets were like something you'd find in your grandma's house, or maybe worse.
The owner did come back sometime in the night and was around in the morning at 6:30 when we got up to leave. She had gone into town to do errands, then have her nails done. Not a good way to do business, I'd say!
I would not go back here, no matter how much local color my husband wants. My view is also slanted because we had stayed in the C'mon Inn in Bozeman the night before which obviously is pretty plush in comparison.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2011

great service great prices and awesome location ...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jackgentry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Yellowstone River Lodge
Yellowstone River Lodge
#2 of 3 in Columbus
Super 8 Columbus
Super 8 Columbus
#1 of 3 in Columbus
Best Western Yellowstone Crossing

Been to Riverside Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!