“Shhhhhh!! Don't tell anybody”
Review of Holland Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Condon
Holland Lake Lodge
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I happened across some of the negative reviews and several positive ones about Holland Lake Lodge and now feel compelled to give my 2cents worth.

My husband & I visited, staying as guests for the first time
last October. First I want to emphasize we were guests actually
staying in one of the cabins & eating the food (it seems like a few of the reviews on here weren't even paying guests!!!)

Everything was WONDERFUL!!! Christian & his mom, Nancy,
were so attentive. Since we got in kind of late we didn't want a
lot of food for dinner, they were kind enough to have the chef
prepare food for us that wasn't even on the menu.

I think what sets Holland Lake Lodge apart from other
places we've stayed is that Christian & his entire staff are genuinely
interested in making sure your visit is an enjoyable experience beginning with knowing your name upon checking in. The cabins are quaint, charming, and rustic….which compliments the beautiful wooded setting. Our bed was to die for, we didn't want to get out of it! When we went to the Lodge for our early morning coffee, there was a roaring fire for those chilly October mornings.

The food is all homemade. The filet mignon was the best we've ever tasted. We highly recommend the vegeburger at lunch and the chocolate sauce at any time of day! I could go on and on about the food and the service.

This place is non-commercial, out of the way - and truly an experience that you'll not forget.

Five star views accompany five star cuisine and five star service at Holland Lake Lodge. We've rebooked for this October!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lynette l
christian w, Manager at Holland Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing the Lodge!
We sure enjoyed having you here and hope to see you another time.
We appreciate your patronage. Thank you, much.

There are newer reviews for Holland Lake Lodge

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My family and I have vacationed at Holland Lake Lodge every summer since 2008. We come back so often because of the wonderful scenery, fabulous accommodations, and excellent cuisine. Over the years I have gotten to know Christian, the owner, and Nancy, his mother, who work tirelessly to ensure that their guests are content and have a great experience. The service at Holland Lake Lodge is unrivaled in Montana. I only wish our time at this place did not go so quickly. I have told all of my friends and extended family to make certain to make certain to add it to the top of their destination lists when visiting Montana. We have travelled extensively in Montana (and throughout the world), and Holland Lake Lodge is by far the best place in Montana.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
christian w, General Manager at Holland Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Hi Wesley,
Thank you for your review of the Lodge! We certainly enjoyed having you and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We got married at Holland Lake Lodge, and the setting was fantastic, and all of our guests had a fabulous time - which was really the point for us. The food was phenomenal, but the staff were depressed and possibly even abused - they directly told us how they hate hosting weddings because of how bad they are treated. I sat down at the bar to have one drink an hour before the wedding ceremony and the owner made a point to stop by and remind me that the liquor I ordered wasn't included in the drinks package for guests that we had arranged so he'd be charging it to my room. We had asked if they could place 2 buckets of flowers in their walk-in refrigerator since we were doing our own flowers for the wedding, they said no problem. When we got there, they informed us they'd be charging us "per stem." The owner oscillated between despicably rude and conspicuously absent - I can only assume the latter was the only relief his staff got. Really shameful about the poor management, this could be a 5 star place and worth a higher price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DavidKnowles

Hello David,
We are so sorry that you had a poor experienced at Holland Lake Lodge.
Your are incorrect on some of your information with this review.
My favorite part is where you slander us by stating that our staff is depressed and possibly abused!!
We wish you all the best with your endeavors.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We just spent three days at Holland Lake lodge, Aug 6, 7, 8, checked out on the 9th. This was the most relaxing vacation I have had. The owner and staff are great, they go out of their way to see your needs are met. The view of the mts and lake is great. The meals were to die for. I would go back in a heart beat. Hopefully we can next year. My thanks to Nancy and Christian, and staff. Tony N

Room Tip: a cabin would be my choice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Tony,
Thank you for reviewing the Lodge! We certainly enjoyed having you visit last August and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just returned from two days and nights at Holland Lake Lodge in Swan Valley, Montana. Our second time to overnight - this trip booked almost a year in advance to spend a brief vacation with family and friends who flew in from California and Florida. Wow. Started with a barbecue on the lake - outstanding food (how do Montanans know how to make such good cornbreadand potato salad?!) and were joined by the "Bad Larrys" from Bigfork - who provided wonderful entertainment/great music. The setting was magical, even in the rain which descended on day two...perhaps especially in the rain (our children thought the lake and mountains resembled a scene from Harry Potter). Despite the weather, we managed to make it with a group up to Holland Falls while others in our party kayaked on the lake. Cool enough at night for a fire in the lodge and lots of card games with both children and adults gathered round the big coffee table - bellies full from our second outstanding dinner - perfect filet and pecan crusted halibut. Did I mention Nancy's apple pie and marionberry cobbler? Christian was a wonderful host - we all felt we were in a private home - but one where we belonged and were made to feel a part of the family. Rustic, warm, inviting - left everyone in our group looking for an excuse to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Sally,
We sure enjoyed having you and your family both last year and this year! Thanks for the review and say hello to Florida!
See you next year!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The lake is beatiful but the staff and owners are horrible. Calling us common folk :/ very sad indeed, walking away when we were still talking to them, just plain rude. My advice is to camp around the area and enjoy the lake. The individuals running this establishment should be fired and put out of business. I'm disgusted with their service. Please do not give these individuals any more business.

Room Tip: Camping over at the camp site is much better...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank IncInc

We are so sorry that you had a poor experienced at Holland Lake Lodge.
We wish you all the best with your endeavors.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I have made this our annual anniversary get-away. Holland Lake is a truly magical place with extraordinary scenery. Can't you just visualize sitting at water's edge and taking it all in? Each year we stay in the Moose Roost cabin and love it. The food is all delicious but I have to mention my fave - the Curry Chicken Salad. Oh my!! The staff are all very friendly and accommodating... Christian, Nancy, Karen, and our favorite server, Ashley... Thank you guys for treating us so special each and every time. We'll see you next July if not before.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank torimeerkatz

Tori,
Thanks for the review!
We sure enjoy having you here and appreciate your support and patronage.
Please say hello to Kalispell and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Christian

Been to Holland Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!