“Dreams Fullfilled”
Review of Holland Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Condon
Holland Lake Lodge
Glendale, Arizona
“Dreams Fullfilled”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was told of this place by a friend who attended a workshop here last year. Curious I looked it up and was immediately transfixed. Perhaps obsessed. I could not stop thinking about Holland Lake Lodge day or night. With my sister Mary, I got to experience this wonderful place first hand this week. It was everything I imagined it would be. Warm, inviting, cozy, quaint and so peacful!
Upon arrival, we were greeted by Karen, the person who helped me make my reservations back in March. We spoke often as we decided that the Griz Den would be the perfect accommodation and it was. We had a private little beach with 3 adirondack chairs and a fire pit. We also had a lovely covered porch with two more chairs and a view of the lake. The cabin was roomy and very comfortable. We were steps from the lodge which is rustic with the focal point being a fieldstone fireplace and sweeping views of the lake and grassy front lawn.
Staying here is all inclusive and worth every penny. The food is gourmet and Nancy's apple pie to die for. Christian, the owner, and his team are extremely attentive without being obtrusive. I felt like I had come home to visit family. Anything we desired was ours within reason.
The small size of this resort affords every guest the pleasure of meeting and making new friends in the other guests, most of whom are return visitors.
We are excitedly looking forward to our return visit next year and every year after.
Thank you Christian and Karen for making us feel so welcome and for your gracious hospitality. My only regret is that I did not get to meet Nancy to tell her how much I enjoyed her pie!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy K
christian w, Manager at Holland Lake Lodge, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Lodge, Kathy!
We sure enjoyed having you here and are excited about your return trip.
Christian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a charming, peaceful , and entirely welcoming and comfortable inn located in the Swan Valley, just a few miles off the main road. The innkeeper, Christian, and his entire team, including his lovely mother, and Karen the receptionist go the extra mile to be sure you are happy and well cared for. The gourmet dinner is included in the price of the stay and is not to be missed: excellent, interesting food and attentive service. The setting of the lodge is one of the most lovely and blissful spots I've ever visited. Canoeing and kayaking on the lake, hiking to the nearby Holland Lake Falls offer pleasant diversion. However, the view from the lawn of the lodge overlooking the spectacular mountains and the glassy lake is mesmerizing, and one could spend a good part of the day just rejuvenating in an Adirodack chair. Do yourself a favor and stay at this lodge.

Room Tip: If you need to get to sleep very early in the evening, you might enjoy staying in a cabin more than...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Great Falls, Montana, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We are from Montana and this was our first visit to the Lodge. Reception was very welcoming and helpful. Nancy is very nice. We stayed in the Loon Loft which has two nice sized beds and a small, nice bathroom. Our front deck was wonderful and when we were't doing some activity at the resort we spent all our time out there. Husband hiked to the Holland Lake Waterfall and said the hike has great views of the lake and the falls. He also Kayaked the lake. I have two artificial hips so I was content to sit on our deck and read and knit.
We arrived on Sunday evening, August 18th and had a gourmet dinner at 7pm. Christian, the owner visited every table to welcome us to the Lodge. We also had breakfast, lunch and dinner on Monday. Tuesday we were served breakfast and lunch before we left. The lodge is written up in "Big Sky Journal" Arts 2013. We would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Loon Loft because of the front deck
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the Lodge!
I don't even mind that you gave us just a one star rating (no doubt it was a mistake!!!)
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Go here. Food and service were excellent at the restaurant. Scenery and rustic charm. Lake was beautiful of course. Did not stay at the lodge but could not complete the review without checking boxes for rooms; they were overpriced but food value while expensive was worth it. Would eat there again!

• Stayed August 2013
christian w, General Manager at Holland Lake Lodge, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Hello!
Thank you for the review of our restaurant! We certainly appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you back!
Best,
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I happened across some of the negative reviews and several positive ones about Holland Lake Lodge and now feel compelled to give my 2cents worth.

My husband & I visited, staying as guests for the first time
last October. First I want to emphasize we were guests actually
staying in one of the cabins & eating the food (it seems like a few of the reviews on here weren't even paying guests!!!)

Everything was WONDERFUL!!! Christian & his mom, Nancy,
were so attentive. Since we got in kind of late we didn't want a
lot of food for dinner, they were kind enough to have the chef
prepare food for us that wasn't even on the menu.

I think what sets Holland Lake Lodge apart from other
places we've stayed is that Christian & his entire staff are genuinely
interested in making sure your visit is an enjoyable experience beginning with knowing your name upon checking in. The cabins are quaint, charming, and rustic….which compliments the beautiful wooded setting. Our bed was to die for, we didn't want to get out of it! When we went to the Lodge for our early morning coffee, there was a roaring fire for those chilly October mornings.

The food is all homemade. The filet mignon was the best we've ever tasted. We highly recommend the vegeburger at lunch and the chocolate sauce at any time of day! I could go on and on about the food and the service.

This place is non-commercial, out of the way - and truly an experience that you'll not forget.

Five star views accompany five star cuisine and five star service at Holland Lake Lodge. We've rebooked for this October!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lynette l
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My family and I have vacationed at Holland Lake Lodge every summer since 2008. We come back so often because of the wonderful scenery, fabulous accommodations, and excellent cuisine. Over the years I have gotten to know Christian, the owner, and Nancy, his mother, who work tirelessly to ensure that their guests are content and have a great experience. The service at Holland Lake Lodge is unrivaled in Montana. I only wish our time at this place did not go so quickly. I have told all of my friends and extended family to make certain to make certain to add it to the top of their destination lists when visiting Montana. We have travelled extensively in Montana (and throughout the world), and Holland Lake Lodge is by far the best place in Montana.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi Wesley,
Thank you for your review of the Lodge! We certainly enjoyed having you and look forward to your return visit.
Best,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We got married at Holland Lake Lodge, and the setting was fantastic, and all of our guests had a fabulous time - which was really the point for us. The food was phenomenal, but the staff were depressed and possibly even abused - they directly told us how they hate hosting weddings because of how bad they are treated. I sat down at the bar to have one drink an hour before the wedding ceremony and the owner made a point to stop by and remind me that the liquor I ordered wasn't included in the drinks package for guests that we had arranged so he'd be charging it to my room. We had asked if they could place 2 buckets of flowers in their walk-in refrigerator since we were doing our own flowers for the wedding, they said no problem. When we got there, they informed us they'd be charging us "per stem." The owner oscillated between despicably rude and conspicuously absent - I can only assume the latter was the only relief his staff got. Really shameful about the poor management, this could be a 5 star place and worth a higher price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DavidKnowles
Hello David,
We are so sorry that you had a poor experienced at Holland Lake Lodge.
Your are incorrect on some of your information with this review.
My favorite part is where you slander us by stating that our staff is depressed and possibly abused!!
We wish you all the best with your endeavors.
Christian

Been to Holland Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!