“A Terrific B&B to Base Out Of”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooke City
Skyline Guest Ranch and Guide Service
Ranked #1 of 1 Cooke City B&B and Inns
Toquerville UT
“A Terrific B&B to Base Out Of”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I relied in Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. This B&B more than met our expectations: clean, roomy accommodations, an excellent breakfast and a relaxing environment. The hosts are also outfitters and daily there were people taking horseback trips for either fishing, sightseeing or hunting. I spoke with one fisherman who had a blast and said the owner worked very hard to see he got a full day of action.

I think it was 9 miles to the NE Entrance to Yellowstone, this gives you easy access to the very active (animals) Lamar Valley. We saw Wolves, Bison, Pronghorn and a Grizzly on our various trips through the valley. The lodge is on the Beartooth Highway which is a remarkable road, everyone should experience the drive over to Red Lodge (road not open year round).

We will be staying here, again, for sure.

Win & Yolanta Heger

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank WininZion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This was such a nice change from the traditional hotel room that we normally stay at. We thoroughly enjoyed the nice room that was incredibly clean and also an amazing breakfast every morning. We can't wait until we get the chance to get back there again! Thank you Laura, Luke and all the rest of the family for making our vacation so spectacular!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stwilson81
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed 30 August 2011

At first I thought that this was going to be some sort of weird cabin thing when my mom told me. But when we got there, I was astonished. It was a large house with about 6 rooms for people to stay in. My family (4 people) got the BearTooth room. It had a closet, bathroom with shower, and two double beds. Outside there was also a porch for everyone on the 2nd floor to use. Downstairs there was a T.V. with lots of movies from Cinderella to Lord of the Rings and more. There was also a Wii with a few games. In the kitchen area you could use a mini fridge, microwave, and some other small things. They had a coffee/tea machine, and some hot chocolate (Swiss Miss(No sugar added) and Real Dutch). Outside there is a hot tub, grill, and fire pit. The hot tub is open for any time of the day, but if you go early of late the family lives right near it so you have to be quite. In the morning you have to know approximately what time you have breakfast so you they know what time to wake up. They serve from 7 AM to 9 AM. During the first morning we had a delicious homemade raspberry muffin. And we could pick out of fresh fruit (which changes every day) or vanilla/strawberry yogurt. That day we also went to Bear Tooth Cafe for dinner in the town. (It was very good, but not exactly what I'm supposed to be writing about right now.) The next day we woke up at 7 and had breakfast at 7:30 and then went for a horse back ride with my family that the hotel (they offer fly fishing, horseback riding, and a few other things that I can't remember at the moment.) We went for about 2 hours and went up a small mountain where we could see everything. This was great for my 8 year old little sister and my dad who usually dislikes horse back riding. The national park was about 15-30 min. away from the hotel.Overall, this was an amazing trip and I can't wait to be back. :)

2 Thank Cbubble68
Illinois
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We recently stayed at the Skyline Guest Ranch for 6 nights. We've been to Yellowstone 6 times but this was our first time staying outside the park. I was a little concerned but don't regret our decision at all! The lodge has a very homey feel. Breakfast every morning was delicious and different every day. One day my husband and son went on an all day fly fishing trip into the backcountry via horseback - they absolutely loved it! They caught lots of fish and saw some beautiful scenery. They had nothing but great things to say about their guide, Luke. If you want to stay outside the park near the northeast entrance, I highly recommend the Skyline!

1 Thank Dsnefn
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Skyline Guest Ranch just outside scenic Cooke City, Montana. We opted to drive the Beartooth Pass from Red Lodge to Cooke City and to stay here prior to entering Yellowstone. The lodgings are in a beautiful log home with comfortable accommodations. Our 3rd floor room had plenty of space, and no other rooms are on that level so it is very quiet. The kids enjoyed playing ping pong on the table on the 3rd floor balcony that overlooks the main living room on the first floor. The home and our room were very clean. The breakfast was fantastic- very healthy and tasty! I wasn't here for keeping contact with the outside world, but the wi-fi service was slow and somewhat intermittent- not a big deal to us, but this is something to keep in mind if this is important to you. The owners were very nice and hospitable. Our only complaint is that we had called well in advance of staying to make a reservation for our kids to go horseback riding the day we checked out and were told that reservations were not necessary and to arrange this once we were at the property. On arrival, we tried booking a horseback riding trip only to find out that this would not be possible due to the horses being used for other guests and family members. If you are looking for a great property in the Cooke City area- we recommend this location highly...just make horeseback reservations ahead of time if that's something you want to do.

3 Thank RazorTraveler
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We planned our family vacation to the Yellowstone area later than most and found all lodging within the Park was full. I am so glad that it was. Skyline Guest Ranch is a great place to stay. From the peaceful surroundings to the comfortable accommodations, our family was talking about going back nearly minutes after we left. Breakfast was delicious every morning and it was fun sharing stories of the adventures from days before with the other guests.
The highlight of our stay was the horseback ride we took. The scenery was spectacular and Lee our guide was wonderful. We learned about the area and how it has changed over the years. The horses were perfect for the ride and my favorite part was riding through the river at the beginning, what fun.
Our day trips into Yellowstone were awesome. Cooke CIty is only a few miles from the Northeast entrance and it was easy to get in and out.
Liz, Vic and the whole family made us feel at home. Their grandchildren provided constant entertainment for our son and even gave him a lesson in roping a "calf"...
Looking forward to coming back again next year.